Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 9 til 5
Andi

posted on 18/11/08 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
9 til 5

"what a way to make a living"
Started a new job today, no more nights, weekends, xmas, bank holidays and no more on call.
Had 15+ years of it. Its a lot less money but I can go to car shows, gigs, parties, weekend runs and become a Sunday driver if I so wish.
The missus has reeled off a list for me too,
things like shopping, meals, cinema and housework.
Mmmm!!!!

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/11/08 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
I was a city bus driver for 4 years. Liked the actual job bar the pay but having such a random shift pattern with my (weekend) days off scattered all over the week, late shifts then early shifts or worse split shifts that took up the whole day... it was a total nightmare!! never doing anything like at again. So glad to be on a 9 – 5 or 6 – 4 as I normally work, means me and Miss Whippy leave and get home together and have the weekends aswell, how anyone is meant to have a life with that crazy shift is beyond me.

Unless you are mad Don't become a bus driver!

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 18/11/08 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
I worked as a contractor in IT for 10 years or so - a fair bit of money, but a lot of pressure and quite a bit of work that had to be done over the weekend (doing the books for my Ltd company, VAT returns, etc.).

I'm now a paid minion on less money, but once I walk out of the door my time's my own.

I'd guess that it's a matter of whatever suits you best.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.