Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vanishing Calvinx
oliwb

posted on 4/8/07 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Fozzie, obviously I must bow down in the glory of your administrator-ness. I don't know both sides of the stories, but that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what happened. What I'm trying to get across is what Mark has told me on the 1 occassion we have EVER discussed it. Whether he has grounds to feel that or not is a completely different matter and to my mind irrelevant. If thats how he feels about it and strongly enough to no longer take part on the open forum then something has gone badly wrong somewhere. I know for a fact it will be made out to be his fault in some twisted way but its petty and all the people on here who get offended by such baiting and name calling (on an internet forum) need to get a life. If this kind of thing offends then Calvinx posting is the least of your problems! Harsh, but in my mind true....say of it what you will

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dale Jarret

posted on 4/8/07 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Oliwb

What is your point.......?
As far as I can see, Calvinx, has repeatedly flamed and insulted people for a loooong time!

He got a 'warning' it appears after many complaints! In the other forums I belong to, he would have been asked to go a very long time ago! But he hasn't...lucky him! All he got was a warning.....big deal!

I have taken part in many a good thread where he has resorted to insulting individuals and therefore the thread has been brought down to the ground! And more often than not, because of his attitude, got deleted.

He hasn't been banned..he took it upon himself to delete his posts...so why are you blaming the mods? ....Crazy.......

He may be a good mechanic, he may know bike engines, he obviously helps people around him....but then......so does every other member on here, and have done for years....they just don't shout about it!

They also give parts and time willingly and more often than not wouldnt dream of asking a bean for the help given....

It may also shock you that there are people far more qualified and able than Calvinx, so only some of the knowledge has gone.......but there are plenty more on here to give that help, and no doubt new members who join who may even know and advise more....preferably without the 'flaming and insults'...

People leave the site all of the time for various reasons...it happens with every site, new ones come along...its life!

DJ

gazza285

posted on 5/8/07 at 04:34 AM Reply With Quote
Not only have we lost Calvinx's contributions, we have also lost the contributions of those he hounded off the site. Nice one.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fred W B

posted on 5/8/07 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Very good comments Angel Acevede

I try to judge people by what I personally know of a person, and on their behaviour towards me. I don't form opionions based on rumour or hearsay from third parties

I, and most of the people reading on here, only knew the man by his writing on this forum, and that makes him out to be a self opioninated know it all with a chip on his shoulder, and with a foul mouth.

That he is a apparently a great helpfull bloke "in real life" means nothing to me.

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 5/8/07 by Fred W B]

Confused but excited.

posted on 5/8/07 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
oliwb, I'm a bit confused by part of your post.
Why do you consider it OK to insult someone when it is done via the internet?
If someone is looking to get decked if they say it to your face, then, surely the same applies if they do it on a forum.
The English langauge more than enables someone to make a valid point without resorting to personal abuse.
I am also sure most of the people logging onto this forum already have a very nice life.
I personally think members will miss Mark's input but not his abuse of people on a personal level.

[Edited on 5/8/07 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

tks

posted on 5/8/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
His words, LB warning, his descision to delete al his posts.

I think nobody can judge about a person using the internet and less talking about cars etc. etc.. but for me personally "i act like the way i am" isn't acceptable. Life is full of laws and regulations in fact its the only reason wy we all can live together on this planet. Being this site used for INFORMATION and a bit for Sales i think / opinion that he should have changed his attitude (words choosen to express himself).

For me LB is like a small town, to be able to life with each other we have rules its as simple as that.

As for the problems with yunger children seeing and reading etc. etc. in my opnion it hasn't nothing to do with it. We all know when opening up a public thing we can expect everything to showup on our screen also words wich of the user shouldn't be proud of. But for me thats Internet and its like many times in life that fathers and mothers should protect (if they want) they children from reading/seeing (they could put the user on their ignore list easyly) Internet is for me like walking on the street you never knows whats waiting to come.......

Sow for me the point is not seeing the words but simply the fact being/talking/acting that way to a fellow LB member. He should have learnd already in life thats its given and taken...

Hope i cleared my opinion out a bit.

For the rest i think he is a goodperson and honest trader willing to help his customers with their questions etc. etc.

Compare it with Lewis you can be suchs a good pilot but being rude to your CEO isn't smart and isn't accepted...(in case he did)

Hope calvinx will still answer my U2 about his tig torch

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

MikeRJ

posted on 9/8/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Going by some stuff I found a couple of years back on another forum I'm pretty this isn't an isolataed incident.

That said it sounds like he went very much out of his way to help some folk which is very laudable. Just a shame he didn't display this side of his character on here more often rather than the abusive language and snide comments.

[Edited on 9/8/07 by MikeRJ]

Mark.

posted on 9/8/07 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Tis a funny thing the tinternet, it has the hidden power to make and break.

Mark

graememk

posted on 10/8/07 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
^^whos ^ this ^ then ^^^

Mark.

posted on 10/8/07 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Couldn't use triton username as forgot password and duffer's old email defunct.
So not the Mark you thought it might be .
Last year was last year anyway.
Mark.

JoelP

posted on 10/8/07 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
triton mark, the clues in the avatar

welcome back

Confused but excited.

posted on 10/8/07 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
If that don't bring him back, nothing will!

gazza285

posted on 10/8/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Lost one, gained one. Welcome back Triton, how's the missus?

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

Mark.

posted on 10/8/07 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers me dears.
zxrlocost

posted on 10/8/07 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
read it all now 7 pages dedicated to someone who verbally abused loads of you and at times it got quite OTT, with heated arguments etc

chap by me has this to a T he treats everyone terrible everyone hates him and major slags him off behind his back

yet when he walks into a room Ding Dang Do!!! basically everyone crouds round him offers him a drink etc how are you and all that!!!!

I think its amazing it must be a natural talent as Ive tried it before going from being alright with people then i thought ill try what this bloke does, the people I tried it on now hate me and dont speak to me at all !!!!

hehe!!!!!

chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Peteff

posted on 11/8/07 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
It's a talent Chris.

I now hate you and I don't even know you

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Confused but excited.

posted on 11/8/07 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Some people would prefer to be hated, rather than be ignored.
There's nowt as queer as folk.

keithice

posted on 11/8/07 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
I am more of a reader than a poster, due to my general ignorance (i am a fridge engineer by trade and my auto experience is bike based..) so I tend to listen.. on this forum.. on the aoc it's a different matter...I am also fairly new to the internet and this whole flamer thing, I would not dream of being rude in a face to face conversation so how come it's ok on the t'internet If I ask a stupid question, it's because I don't know and a gentle joke and an answer is fine I tend to have a fairly dry sense of humor (Im told) but I'll use a smilie to show it's "tongue in cheek". anyway the extremely long winded point I'm trying to make is... you don't meet people face to face so just be polite...

Smile and wave boys.... Smile and wave....

Ivan

posted on 12/8/07 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Well, if Mark is back I for one am pleased - he went out of his way to help me with suspension info and to my mind embodied what this forum is all about when it comes to helping people even if it was off forum.

Just goes to show theres good and bad in all of us.

David Jenkins

posted on 12/8/07 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Wrong Mark, I think...

Mark.

posted on 13/8/07 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Life is a tad too short and with all the guff going on in the world this forum should be all mellow and calm like...
David Jenkins

posted on 13/8/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh, like - cool, man!

nick205

posted on 30/8/07 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Mark. (Triton) - I hope all is well for you and your family now.
NS Dev

posted on 30/8/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Same here, good to see you back on here!!!

The dash you did for me is now mobile dashing around the country on the occasions it decides not to rain!!

You never did do those cycle wings but as you say, life's too short to worry about little things and I think you probably had more serious issues at hand at the time!

good to see you back

as for the Calvin thing, I couldn't care a toss, just get on with it, if he wants to go, fair enough, whatever. I'm sure he's busy, as I am, life goes on.

I sometimes upset people but I like to think i stop short of being downright unpleasant.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

billy

posted on 30/8/07 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
who is this Calvinx chap anyway?

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.