posted on 1/8/07 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I certainly won't miss that picture of is ARS#

gazza285

posted on 1/8/07 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
For a moment, yesterday, I thought he was back -

"All I will say is "SEARCH" or "SVA MANUAL"
These are basic things covered over and over.
How can you build a car without these tools?
I supose it is just lazyness?
You can even get a free sva manual download if you do a search! "

But no

I had noticed a certain lack of tolerance from some members, and to think I have refrained myself from caustic comments appertaining from some members about their own products to promote forum harmony, perhaps I shall not be so short of forthcoming in future.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OX

posted on 1/8/07 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
wooohoo
couldnt stand the bloke ,glad he's gone . his bad mouth should of got him banned ages ago. he didnt have balls to say what he said,anyone who doesnt give a damn can do it, i had no respect for him what so ever and i think the site will be a better place with out him. it wasnt long after he's joined that he was shouting down a long going member and told him to leave the site and shut the door behind him,to which i surgested he tone it down or do the same .

Fred W B

posted on 2/8/07 at 06:01 AM Reply With Quote
Im with unclefiste and ox. He was impolite and arrogant, and now has pulled all his posts in a huff - always claimed he would help anyone witj anything, how does that help now?

The words nose, cut and face come to mind.

I won't miss him.

Cheers

Fred W B

Hellfire

posted on 2/8/07 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
He hasn't really left. He's just deleted all of his posts and photo archive but is still reading posts and communicating via U2U's.

He must like to think he's some sort of secret agent, working undercover.......

You don't really think the schizo would go that easily do you?

Phil

[Edited on 2-8-07 by Hellfire]

albertz

posted on 2/8/07 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I would like to add my say to this as i have had several dealings with Mark over the past few months.

I know he has maybe upset some members by speaking his mind in his own unique style, but i believe most of what he says is what he genuinely believes.

As far as i am concerned he is a top bloke. Some of you may recall that i was in a dilemna about what to do with my own car. Mark gave me unlimited sound advice upon which i have now acted.

Furthermore he has made two separate 450 mile round trips simply to help me with my electrical insecurities. He bought and installed a brand new universal loom to my car (along with Oliwb), gave me comprehensive instructions on how to finish it off.

I tried to pay him for his time and expenses which he reluctantly accepted only to find out later that he had bought me a new alternator for my car as a way of "giving me back the money i paid him".

How many of you, that are now slating him, can honestly say that you would do the same for someone you have never met, or were ever likely to meet?

I accept that sometimes he was a bit OTT and that there is usually a time and place for swearing, but was that really the issue? or was it a case that Mark had the nerve to say what he felt needed to be said. Maybe his views didn't always align with the views of the 'In-crowd'.....but thats life.

I, for one, would back him to the hilt and I also know that the technical content of the site has now suffered as a result of this exchange.

I usually prefer to avoid getting involved in these threads but when someone i regard as a friend is being openly slated behind their back then i feel it necessary to make my feelings clear.

However, i do accept that there are two sides to every argument and i have really only listened to one side!

I love speed :-P

posted on 2/8/07 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by albertz
I would like to add my say to this as i have had several dealings with Mark over the past few months.

I know he has maybe upset some members by speaking his mind in his own unique style, but i believe most of what he says is what he genuinely believes.

As far as i am concerned he is a top bloke. Some of you may recall that i was in a dilemna about what to do with my own car. Mark gave me unlimited sound advice upon which i have now acted.

Furthermore he has made two separate 450 mile round trips simply to help me with my electrical insecurities. He bought and installed a brand new universal loom to my car (along with Oliwb), gave me comprehensive instructions on how to finish it off.

I tried to pay him for his time and expenses which he reluctantly accepted only to find out later that he had bought me a new alternator for my car as a way of "giving me back the money i paid him".

How many of you, that are now slating him, can honestly say that you would do the same for someone you have never met, or were ever likely to meet?

I accept that sometimes he was a bit OTT and that there is usually a time and place for swearing, but was that really the issue? or was it a case that Mark had the nerve to say what he felt needed to be said. Maybe his views didn't always align with the views of the 'In-crowd'.....but thats life.

I, for one, would back him to the hilt and I also know that the technical content of the site has now suffered as a result of this exchange.

I usually prefer to avoid getting involved in these threads but when someone i regard as a friend is being openly slated behind their back then i feel it necessary to make my feelings clear.

However, i do accept that there are two sides to every argument and i have really only listened to one side!

I dont think anyone is saying that when he wanted he wasnt helpful, however his attitude on this forum was all wrong and just because he might of been/ is a nice person in real life was no excuse for his online behaviour.

Also because of his attitude I know alot of better people who havnt posted as much on here because of him. Which is a great loss to everyone on here.

I also am sure I remember him flaming snoppy for deleting all of his posts...

[Edited on 2/8/2007 by I love speed :-P]

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 2/8/07 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
OK, I've got the popcorn...

oliwb

posted on 3/8/07 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Seen as there seems to be alot of ignorance out there and mark is saying nothing I'm going to set the record straight. Mark's leaving has nothing to do with foul language on his part. Its got everything to do with the inequality some people are receiving.
Yes, he used some colourful language on the thread in question but not once did he use it without an *. I know this is loose but someone else has done the identical thing twice in this thread. The reason he left was because when he was confronted about using language with an * in it, he gave evidence of at least a dozen different times that certain other members used language without an * - which in my mind is unacceptable. He pointed out that it was unfair that he should be confronted about this but not the people in question who didn't censor. He asked that they should be cautioned also but this request was refused by the admin. This is what ticked him off.
Frankly I think you've all lost a brilliant resource. I also don't think it is childish for him to remove his posts. The information contained with in them amounts to many years as a trained mechanic and he would be perfectly within his rights to charge for it even. Its a shame that the few who will gain from him not being here will in no way substitute for the help and information he provided. The people who are worst affected are in fact not even members yet, they are the people who haven't signed up and are thinking of taking the plunge.
This whole biased treatment needs to stop, admin should be applying the same rules to everyone and stop picking favourites. To be honest it doesn't bother me that much as I'm still very much good mates with him, in fact enjoyed a game a forza 2 last night with him (obviously he lost)! So I will be enjoying his company and hopefully wisdom for many years to come, as will no doubt some other members of the forum.....and I bet you anything you like there builds will only benefit from it! Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

omega 24 v6

posted on 3/8/07 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
What he^^^^ and Albertz said is actually closer to the real Mark that us locals know. I had a lot of bits and bobs of him at "Mates rates" as well. The guy is well read and full of information. He also went all out with the tig group buy and the amount of time, work, and phone calls that went into that deal all came from his own pocket. It's a shame that it came to this but it's his decision. At least the local lads up here will still be in contact with him and his resources/information.
The sad fact really is that on a forum with a keyboard is not really the way to get to know someone. A lot of things can be said in jest and tongue in cheek but you just can't see the facial expressions to go with them. Even some of his biggest adversarrys(sp) on here have admitted they're sad to see him go. I'm telling you they'd prolly have got on with him very well in person.
I've stayed out of this one cause at the end of the day it's his decision, and I don't really feel that he needs backed up, but I know that the guys that pop on and sell (whether anyone else agrees or not) and run really hack him off ( there was a post that'd explain why but it's prob gone now) lets just say that someone made quite a bit on ebay after getting something from him that he'd made and selling it on.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

graememk

posted on 3/8/07 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
to be honest i dont like his attitude or the way he has behaved on the site but i do think that mark has something offer the site and i will make the effort to find him at donnington

i have been on the recieving end of marks tounge a few times but i dont take it personal

at the end of the day its the way he is.

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Feck is much safer as it was used on Father Ted and he was a priest... Rescued attachment cup.jpg
Rescued attachment cup.jpg

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

Fozzie

posted on 3/8/07 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Right...... I am at this moment incensed with some of what has been written above!

Oliwb you have been misinformed ..... badly!

Calvinx is NOT banned ...... he had a formal warning .... NOT just for bad language.
There had been several complaints that day.

It may be worth noting, that it is no good moaning about what member 'so and so' said, weeks after the event, and the complainer had happily contributed to the thread in question without as much as a protest at the time!

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
cool so your incensed by my reference to Father Ted, your easily provoked

Fozzie

posted on 3/8/07 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
cool so your incensed by my reference to Father Ted, your easily provoked

LOL...... not your post.... you put that up whilst I was still writing

Fozzie

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I will miss Mark he was a cleaver guy with a heap of knowledge and seemed to just stand up for himself and others when he chose to fight their cause.

I think it is more likely is user name has been deleted rather than him deleting his posts in a huff, that would take about a week to do. Hopefully he will return some day.

I wouldn’t concern myself about children catching sight of the evil F word , I’m a bus driver who often has the dubious honour of taking kids to school, what comes out of those little ‘angels’ mouths could strip paint off walls and teach us adults a few new words.

RazMan

posted on 3/8/07 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think his problem was just a habit of using bad language (thinly diguised or not) He was very much aware that his own special brand of acidic humour often offended ...... but he just didn't care.

Every forum has them - keyboard warriors who like to shout down all their self percieved opponents until they either get fed up and leave the 'discussion' or they get so aggrivated that they have to go and have a lie down. Either way he looks on this process as some kind of victory and that speaks volumes about his character and he obviously has some personal issues that need sorting out - maybe then he can converse with us mere mortals again.

In a final act of what can only be described as vandalism, it appears that he even went to the extrordinary lengths to deface the threads that he was involved in by deleting all his posts and then changed his avatar to add the word 'disavowed' (refuse to acknowledge; disclaim knowledge of; responsibility for, or association with) but I guarantee he will 'pop in' from time to time and see what we are saying about him - his ego will not allow him to stay away (hi Calvin )

I have heard via several people that he is a very likeable chap in 'real life' but if he can't control his aggression and beligerant attitude in an open forum then he simply has no place here imo. If you join a club you must live by the club's rules - it's as simple as that.

[Edited on 3-8-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

DIY Si

posted on 3/8/07 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
His user name still appears to be here, just without any of his posts.
As to whether his new disavowed 'avatar' is his idea or the mods, I don't know. It does still show his location as Scotland though.
And he was last active today at 20.47, so presumably he's still out there in the shadows, as it were.

[Edited on 3/8/07 by DIY Si]

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/07 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Oh well the best way is to take folk as they are. I never expected this site to be ‘politically’ correct and it’s still no where in the league of some sites I can think of, so what if someone swears, I don’t expect a 10 year old to be building a 7 and there is much more dodgy stuff on the web than odd expletive not to mention some rubber clad nuns (try explaining that to the kids…) It’s more fun to have a bit of controversy than just a question and answers session (dull). Mark just stood his ground, with a machine gun in hand.

[Edited on 3/8/07 by Mr Whippy]

Fozzie

posted on 3/8/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si

As to whether his new disavowed 'avatar' is his idea or the mods,

[Edited on 3/8/07 by DIY Si]

Si, No... all his own work!

Mr Whippy, he deleted his own posts over a period of around 12 days or so.

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/07 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Mr Whippy, he deleted his own posts over a period of around 12 days or so.
quote:

there's dedication for you

DIY Si

posted on 3/8/07 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Fozzie, I had assumed it was his work, but didn't want to guess! Couldn't see you doing it to be honest!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

matt_claydon

posted on 4/8/07 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
I think people need to understand that there's a distinct difference between using bad language as an exclaimation:

"F*** me, that's an awesome car"

and using it to insult someone:

"You're a f*****g moron, get off this forum"

In the latter case it doesn't matter how many *s you use it's still incredibly rude and offensive. Hiding the words does not hide your meaning.

In the former, very few are going to be offended even if you don't bother to censor at all.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 4/8/07 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Wish I have had saved all his posts on my hard drive...
Reading without taking a side was really interesting...
I think I learned a lot not only how to build a better car but also how to treat people (or better said) not to....
I may never get to know many of you as I live in Mexico, so what I read is a very small part of your character...
No judgement is made upon an individual for he may have his own reasons for his behaviour.
On the other side, for the people that entered an argument with him or any other, words get carried with the wind.. (Cyberwind here) but the facts remain.
The knowledge gained from the arguments will remain, but the anger will vanish eventually...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

Confused but excited.

posted on 4/8/07 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Very well said dude!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.