Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: well it put a smile on my face
chris_smith

posted on 17/10/08 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
well it put a smile on my face

After having their 11th child, a Liverpool couple decided that was enough, as the social wouldn't buy them a bigger bed and they weren't strong enough to nick one.

The husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children.

The doctor told him there was a procedure called a vasectomy that would fix the problem but it was expensive. A less costly alternative was to go home, get a firework, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10.

The Scouser said to the doctor, 'I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see how putting a firework in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me.'

'Trust me, it will do the job', said the doctor.

So the man went home, lit a banger and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count: '1, 2, 3, 4, 5,' at which point he
paused, placed the beer can between his legs so he could continue counting on his other hand.

This procedure also works in Middlesbrough, parts of Bradford and anywhere in Wales .

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/10/08 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Shadowcaster

posted on 17/10/08 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote

Cheers Rich
The Roadster Blog http://richshaynesroadster.blogspot.com/
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

Confused but excited.

posted on 22/10/08 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
I can see how it would work in Liverpool, Middlesborough and Bradford, but am at a loss to understand why you include Wales, where most people are intelligent enough to be fluent in at least two languages, whereas most of the the English have trouble speaking their own language coherantly.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

smart51

posted on 22/10/08 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
but am at a loss to understand why you include Wales, where most people are intelligent enough to be fluent in at least two languages

I've known 6 or 7 Welshmen quite well. Only 2 of them claimed to speak Welsh. They came from neighbouring villages on Anglesey, your neck of the woods. Both claimed Welsh as their first language. Both would occasionally try to speak to the other in Welsh but after failing no more than a couple of sentences in, would revert back to English. One of these two failed the first year of his HND twice. His nickname was Coch, which he claims means something different in Wales. Definitely a beer can castration candidate, though.

Confused but excited.

posted on 22/10/08 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Guess I'll have to concede that one.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.