Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Plasma or LCD
Blackbird Rush

posted on 22/7/08 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Plasma or LCD

Looking at upgrading the tube telly to a 42" flat panel, are plasma better than LCD??

Not really sure what i'm looking at as there are so many to choose from....

Steering towards Panasonic any recommendations?

Cheers

ash

MikeRJ

posted on 23/7/08 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Plasma is still king if ultimate picture quality is your goal. They typically have better viewing angles, higher contrast and better colour saturation.

A 42" Plasma is very heavy though, if you are going to wall mount it make sure you use the right fixings.

DarrenW

posted on 23/7/08 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
My first 42" was panasonic Plasme. 1080p jobbie. Not really expensive but best resolution for around £1000 i could get. Awesome TV, unfortunately suffered a screen fault (dont think its common, reckon i was unlucky).

i got an LCD Samsung next, not the 1080p version, next one down. Cant really tell the difference for what i use it for.

Its been explained to me that if you use a lot of high def equipment and enjoy home gaming and top end movies then go for the best you can afford. If you just watch TV, occasional DVD's on std equipment etc then no need for the top resolution stufff.

In all honesty, there are times when the lower resoultion isnt great. Motorsport can look a bit grainy, some progs where there are bright lights and fast moving bits can seem jumpy but after a while you dont notice. i know my TV aerial isnt great too which contributes to this. i also only have freeview rather than satellite TV. For me until hi-def becomes the norm im happy with std resolution big screen TV.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.