Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BOB'S STORY.
RazMan

posted on 1/7/07 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
BOB'S STORY.

It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of house-keeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to shout at them. Some are over sensitive and there is nothing worse than an over sensitive woman.

My name is Bob. Let me tell you how I handled the situation with my wife, Debbie. When I took early retirement last year it became necessary for Debbie to get a full time job along with her part-time job, to enable us to maintain a decent standard of living.

Shortly after she started working I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from the golf-course about the same time as she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am she says she has to rest for a half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't shout at her or complain. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets the dinner on the table. I usually have lunch in the Men's Grill at the club but I am always ready for some home cooked food when I get home.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating, but now it's not unusual for them to sit on the dinner table for several hours after dinner. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her many times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I think she really appreciates this as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of ageing is complaining, For example, she says it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. But Boys, we take them for better or worse so just smile and offer encouragement. I advise her to stretch it out over two or even three days - that way she won't need to rush around so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her. Tact is one of my strong points!

When doing simple jobs she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the garden. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair-minded man. I tell her to make herself a nice big glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and take a breather. And if she is making one for herself she can make one for me too.

I know I probably look like a saint for the way I support Debbie. I'm not saying for a moment that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible. Nobody knows more than me how frustrating women become as they get older. However fellas, if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article I will consider that writing it, was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.

Signed:
Bob

Note: Bob died suddenly last July. The police report says that he was found with a Callaway extra long 50" Big Bertha driver Golf Club rammed up his arse with only two inches of grip showing. His wife Debbie was arrested and charged with murder. However, the all women jury found her Not Guilty, accepting her defence that Bob had accidentally sat down on it.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 1/7/07 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Class!
If I showed that to SWMBO, I'd wind up like Bob. Thank God I don't play golf.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.