Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The UK PC MOVEMENT at its best
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 23/4/07 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
The UK PC MOVEMENT at its best

Jail throws R140 000 down the toilet

April 23 2007 at 11:42AM

Because some foreign inmates hate sitting down when they go a prison is spending 10 000 pounds (about R140 000) on "hole in the ground" toilets.

The Sun reports, the jail, where 90 percent of inmates are from abroad, has been flooded with complaints from prisoners who want to squat.

So a new toilet facility is being built at HMP Canterbury, Kent, at taxpayers' expense.

Like those found in continental roadside services and bars, each loo has a hole and a ceramic tray with no seat and non-slip flooring.

"It is a joke really. We have modern, smart toilet facilities here but we have to spend another 10 000 pounds for holes in the ground," an insider said.

"I wonder what they'd say in Thailand if an English prisoner asked for a sit-down one?"

"We are a very diverse establishment. The reality is that vast tracts of the world don't use a standard European toilet," said prison governor Chris Bartlett.

Deputy head of residential services Dave Lambourne said the loos are being fitted "out of courtesy", mainly for the use of prisoners from the Far East. - Ananova.com

DIY Si

posted on 23/4/07 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
"out of courtesy"?!!!
Just what courtesy have they shown us to be in jail in the first place? This kind of thing really pees me off, we spend enough money to house and feed the thieving foreign bar stewards in the first place. Can't see a Thia or any other foreign prison agreeing to my requests for an XBox can you? Why can't we just deport them all?
Signed, a not vey PC person.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Confused but excited.

posted on 24/4/07 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
WHAT HE SAID!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Simon

posted on 24/4/07 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
Give them a bucket. They can empty it themselves when they leave!

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.