Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blast from the past....
pewe

posted on 27/2/13 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Blast from the past....

I don't know what triggered it but I've suddenly re-discovered Harry Nilsson's "The Point".
For those who've never heard of him he was very popular in the 70's and wrote this whimsical tale where he sings and narrates.
What I didn't know was how it happened - evidently he had a cabin in the woods and after a hippy party took some LSD one of the guests had left behind.
Early the next morning he took a walk and suddenly was struck by the fact that all the trees in the forest had points as well as the houses etc. etc. - the rest is history.
It's a great kid's and adults fairy tale, totally kid safe (despite its origins) and some of his best songs are included The Point
He corralled Dustin Hofman, at near zero, fee to narrate the cartoon version having written and sung the theme song for Hofman's debut in Midnight Cowboy.
Later Ringo Starr narrated for the film version but I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that one.
There's a digitally re-mastered CD available and it's a good listen - if you get the point that is!!
So either take a trip down memory lane or discover Harry Nilsson.
Cheers, Pewe10

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.