Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cats
cd.thomson

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
cats

I notice an increase in the number of cat avatars so I assume we have some cat fans on here.

My cat has decided to start using my bed as a litter tray. What can I do about this apart from put her down?

Craig

coozer

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Got a slipper?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

scudderfish

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Shut your bedroom door?
Peteff

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
Shut your bedroom door?

Rocket scientist or what ?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

cd.thomson

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
problem is that shes taken to waiting to get in to relieve herself.

Normally my door is shut but in between me getting a drink from the kitchen and going back to carry on playing my PS3 she had done two poops and wet the bed through my duvet, soaking the mattress.

It smells so bad I need a new mattress now and I'm sleeping on the sofa.

Craig

eddie99

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Put a litter tray on your bed....

Then hopefully she will use that, then gradually move your litter tray and she might follow it?

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
smart51

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Give the cat a Chinese burn every time it does it. It will soon learn. The noise you get from the cat is great too!

JoelP

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
dont get me started, i hate cats...

How about shave it, cover it in vaseline, then throw it out and barricade the catflap?

Sounds perverse, but can you imagine how gutted you would be, locked out, shaved and covered in vaseline? You'd think twice about going back!

40inches

posted on 29/4/10 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Well, what I've done with my Cat is to insert a short length of stainless tube into each orifice and pass hot exhaust gasses through it
easisatman

posted on 29/4/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
what about drag cat racing
more than 2 players needed all poised with your best moggy on the start line with there tails in the owners hands waiting.
upon the green light each contestant will bite there moggys tail and let go -the winner will be the cat that has passed the makeshift finish line .
hope this helps

pablo

MikeR

posted on 29/4/10 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Get a dog - they are easier to train. The dog will quickly realise that the bed is the comfiest place to sleep. He'll then 'teach' the cat to sod off and do its business somewhere else.

You'll then have to solve the problem of the dog sleeping on your bed, but at least it will be warm and dry when you kick the dog off

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 29/4/10 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Cat pepper on the bed? And of course make sure it's got a litter tray handy.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

davidinhull

posted on 8/5/10 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
I was hoping to get an answer as one of my cats is using the sofa to pee on - shutting the living room door works til I forget
and this morning I had cat sick across the length of the dining room to clear up (why do cats reverse when vomiting - just to cover as much carpet as possible?)

Peteff

posted on 8/5/10 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davidinhull
(why do cats reverse when vomiting - just to cover as much carpet as possible?)

No, it's so they don't get it on their feet and have to lick it off

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

scudderfish

posted on 8/5/10 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:
Originally posted by davidinhull
(why do cats reverse when vomiting - just to cover as much carpet as possible?)

No, it's so they don't get it on their feet and have to lick it off

But they're not so fussy about licking their own arse, as my cat is currently doing.

MikeRJ

posted on 9/5/10 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
They usually do this kind of thing if they are stressed, e.g. sudden change in environment, new child or pet added to the household.

You can try Feliway spray, which are cat pheromones that help them to relax. It's worked pretty well stopping our cat scratching the walls. Wish we'd discovered it before it had removed so much wall paper however...

[Edited on 9/5/10 by MikeRJ]

Krismc

posted on 9/5/10 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
''CAT PEST OFF'' put it where ever you dont want cat too go - we dont like any off the cats in the washing room but we want the door open for fresh air so we put pest off in a few old saucers at the door- they sniff, shut there eyes and walk backwards too get away.

frankly i think it smells nice.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/5/10 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
if it has a litter tray -

1) don't clean the tray with bleach or anything strong smelling, washing up liquid and hot water is all you must use

2) don't empty the tray more than once a week, just remove the worst of it as cats go to the same place by smell, even if it smells bad to us

3) don't let it into bedrooms as they have dirty feet from digging about in a litter tray and would you really like that wiped all over you face when you go to bed???

they often have worms too in their poop...

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/5/10 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
dont get me started, i hate cats...

How about shave it, cover it in vaseline, then throw it out and barricade the catflap?

Sounds perverse, but can you imagine how gutted you would be, locked out, shaved and covered in vaseline? You'd think twice about going back!

I have a strong dislike of humans who are cruel to others and animals in order to make themselves feel elevated.
I would rather share my living space with my catz than a lot of humans...

cd.thomson

posted on 14/5/10 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for the tips guys, i didnt realise this was still running!

We think there was a scrap with a rat a few weeks ago that left her with a nasty infection (all cleared up now!) but its now become apparent that theres a new cat next door which is encroaching on her territory. Since then I think shes been trying to avoid going outside and leaving a scent outside the house hence why she used my bed.

We've put a litter tray down which shes happy to use and we've started putting the dogs outside more to defend the cats territory .

Also: I'm with mango!

Craig

iank

posted on 14/5/10 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
FWIW I read JoelP's comment as a tongue in cheek jokey suggestion rather than something he's tried/advocating.
Though I could be wrong, the difficulty of interpreting the posts on the internet is why smilies were invented

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

cd.thomson

posted on 14/5/10 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
haha!

yes I dont think Joel has ever actually done that with a cat but I agreed with mangos sentiment that animals are generally much easier to get on with than a lot of people.

Craig

scudderfish

posted on 14/5/10 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
If next doors cat is getting big ideas, get a water pistol and soak it whenever it gets near your property. It'll soon learn.
cd.thomson

posted on 14/5/10 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
one of my dogs is a staffy/whippet cross, the neighbours cat learnt quickly that it couldnt outrun her so its been steering well clear!

Craig

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.