Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Coventry Uni
eddie99

posted on 2/3/10 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Coventry Uni

Hi Guys,
I'm hopefully starting at Cov Uni from October and was wondering if anyone else on here was there or has spent lots of time there etc..
Just looking at some of the accommodation and was after some tips
Thanks
Ed

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
rusty nuts

posted on 3/3/10 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Could be wrong but I think Flakmonkey may have been a student there? Sorry if I'm wrong
MikeR

posted on 3/3/10 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
thought flak was a student at Warwick.

There are few of us in the approximate area - not sure we can help with accommodation questions but we can point you in general directions. Eg most students end up in hillfields - i believe this is a ROUGH area and lots of women round there seem to work 'nights'

eddie99

posted on 3/3/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah Flak was Warwick, Same with Omega. Ok, think i will avoid Hillfields a bit. First year is really only looking at central stuff... So im guessing there is no worry with safety there?
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
L5W

posted on 3/3/10 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
I was at Coventry uni 10 years ago. I can't remember how we organised the accommodation but I lived in a student house with three others on Dorset Road and Kingsway. Both places were ok, Kingsway a little closer to uni but parking could be tricky when the football was on. I think the uni should be able to provide landlord numbers or google just came up with this link which may help

I recommend the Quickstop Balti on Far Gosford Street if you like curry, our record was four in one week

http://l5w-mk-indy-zetec.blogspot.com/

TimEllershaw

posted on 4/3/10 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Lots of students live on the Foleshill side of town (north) . Lots of terrace streets with cheap rent. Obviously not the greatest environment, but no worse than any other big city. Some new Halls of Residence that side of town I think.

If you can afford a bit more then try to get into Earlsdon (South-West). A much nicer place to be, plenty of students from Cov and from Warwick Uni. Generally Big houses for sharing. The place to be on a Friday night.

Take a look at Google Maps - now has street level views for 99% of Coventry streets. I Lived Here...

(I graduated in '92 and lived in Coventry until about 1994. Now live about 10 miles down the road, and still play Rugby for Earlsdon RFC, so a regular visitor. )

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 4/3/10 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Note the footy ground moved about 3 or 4 years ago so that shouldn't be a problem.

Now its been mentioned i think the uni has a lot of student flats in the centre of town (well I always assumed they where student accommodation).

eddie99

posted on 4/3/10 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've been looking at Sherbourne House on Vincent Street and Singer Hall on canterbury street if these mean anything to you.
TimC

posted on 8/3/10 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Eddie, thinking about your racing aspirations and your studying, it would be well worth you having a chat with Matt @ TMC. If memory serves me right, he was studying motorsport engineering there and the bio-fuel car was created in conjunction with the Uni.

eddie99

posted on 8/3/10 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Eddie, thinking about your racing aspirations and your studying, it would be well worth you having a chat with Matt @ TMC. If memory serves me right, he was studying motorsport engineering there and the bio-fuel car was created in conjunction with the Uni.

Hi Tim,
Having a bit of a black moment, TMC????
Regards
Ed

TimC

posted on 8/3/10 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Your new best mates:
http://www.tmcmotorsport.co.uk/

eddie99

posted on 8/3/10 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I will give him a call later on!
Regards
Ed

eddie99

posted on 8/3/10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Just gave Matt at TMC a call. Very helpful chap. He knows people that i know etc.. etc.. Had a nice phone call.
Thanks for letting me know about him.
Will probably meet him at one of the 750MC meetings.
Thanks again Tim
Regards
Ed

fesycresy

posted on 8/3/10 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
I went there 20 years ago, what a sh1te hole

If it is the same as it was then, stay away from Hillfields. I lived in Stoke, good area.

Always worth a trip to Warwick Uni, bring the snobs down to our level

Sorry Flak if you went there, but don't think you quite fit into that category

I'm going to pop up there one day just for a walk around....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

flak monkey

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Yep I went to Warwick. They also do a motorsport degree now.

Most students tend to stay around Earlsdon and Canley. Both are a short bus ride to the city centre. There are some rough areas in Cov, but theres not generally many student rent places there, most are council estates.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.