Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: need some help with a costume
mads

posted on 9/11/08 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
need some help with a costume

I'm going to a 30th birthday party and the theme is the 80's. Thinking of going as Lion-o from Thundercats.

Does anyone have a costume or know where I can get one from?

Have thought about making my own but a couple of issues are:

1) I'm not a big build so would need 'muscles' in the costume - any suggestions other than use steroids and put them on in 3 weeks.

2) Lion-o didnt wear long legged trousers and I dont think my hairy legs will help the final look - and NO, i dont want to be shaving my legs

3) Need a thundercats belt - anyone got one I could borrow or can buy one from?

4) Need the glove/sheath he has. Anyone know anything that is similar to style that I could use?

5) Need a thundercats sword. Seen stainless steel one but think I'll get arrested for having that with me in the centre of Nottingham!

Here is a picture of Lion-o for anyone who cant remember what he looks like. Going for the 1983 look obviously.

My only other alternative is to go as something else but I want it to be different/unique so let the suggestions role in.

[Edited on 9/11/08 by mads]

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

eznfrank

posted on 9/11/08 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
How about one of the A-team guys, they're 80's (?) and their costumes should be much easier to come by?
Peteff

posted on 9/11/08 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yer mam's swimming costume/leotard and tights, a weight lifting belt and a welding gauntlet with some bits stuck to it. Make a sword out of wood and silver and black gaffer tape to metallise it. By the power of Playschool !!!!

[Edited on 9/11/08 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/11/08 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
do you have the build to be dressed like that...?

btw you could end up looking like a very scary Transvestite

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 10/11/08 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
just checked my wardrobe and the lion-o costume is at the cleaners otherwsie I would have lent it to you. sorry

mads

posted on 10/11/08 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
btw you could end up looking like a very scary Transvestite

lol Mr Whippy... either that or like this chap:

As for the build... already said I dont have it!

02GF74 - let me know if you get it back from the cleaners before 29th November

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/11/08 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
PMSL

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eznfrank

posted on 11/11/08 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I need to clarify before I say this that I was not looking closely, it was our lass who noticed (not sure that's any better) that it looks like he's pissed himself a bit. Or maybe just a bit of drob nip.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.