Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: p2p software- eMule
omega0684

posted on 4/11/08 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
p2p software- eMule

hi you guys,

have you heard of a p2p program called eMule, apparently derived from eDonkey, are any of you using it, have used it in the past,

im after thoughts and opinions please, im trying to use it now, seems simple enough, but isn't downloading even though i have perfect connections to all servers. its just got my status as WAITING!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 5/11/08 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I use utorrent, it's not always your torrent program at fault sometimes the torrent sites don't respond.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

martyn_16v

posted on 5/11/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
I used to use it a few years ago, but the network just got flooded with crap, fake files and viruses were about all you ever got. Don't know if it ever got any better, torrents have taken over now.

Liam

posted on 5/11/08 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I still use emule from time to time. It's pretty good but you have to keep your server list clean of fakes and you can get a lot of dodgy vids etc etc renamed as what you're really looking for (though you can see that coming when the download starts by looking at the most common filenames for that file, and cancel them and search again). Often takes ages to start and never seems to download very fast even if you've sorted your ports to get a high ID.

I ought to have moved onto torrents by now, though! My old man uses utorrent which seems pretty good and fast.

Another gem is th3zone.com which is literally a website from which you can download pretty much anything you want - software though rather than music/films which I never really dl anyway. God knows how it survives being shut down?

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 8/11/08 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - get yourself on to Torrents. BitTorrent is just about the best for downloading, and try and get yourself on to one of the private torrent sites like Demonoid, never any viruses and decent download times. If you need an invite U2U me.

Other good thing with torrents is you can download entire folders not just individual files, so you can donwload an album or bunch of albums all with individual tracks correnctly labelled tec....

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.