New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bl**dy small robot!
sprouts-car

posted on 21/5/08 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Bl**dy small robot!

Engadget
David Jenkins

posted on 21/5/08 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Am I the only person who finds this sort of thing a bit scary?

(Bleedin' clever though!)

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/5/08 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
they could do a mini Robot Wars at that scale explosive rounds could be used or even diode lasers.

My favourite doomsday scenario is the 'Replicators' from StarGate where the robots convert entire planets into themselves.

Why do I get the feeling though that after these have been developed to perfection that infact they will look exactly like current living insect, which are essentially intelligent, self powered and replicating little robots. Is it not really a case of reinventing the wheel?

[Edited on 21/5/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 21/5/08 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr WhippyWhy do I get the feeling though that after these have been developed to perfection that infact they will look exactly like current living insect, which are essentially intelligent, self powered and replicating little robots. Is it not really a case of reinventing the wheel?

[Edited on 21/5/08 by Mr Whippy]

I've given the ants on the yard a little football and they don't seem at all interested They might be a bit miffed because I trod on a few of them and spilt engine oil in their playground though.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.