Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Earthquake Appeal 2
RazMan

posted on 1/3/08 at 04:55 AM Reply With Quote
Earthquake Appeal 2

Not often I distribute these types of emails out but with the UK earthquake this week, it really makes you think...

With all the news on TV lately about the hurricanes that America is experiencing, the typhoons in China, flooding in Switzerland and recent mud slides in South America, we shouldn't forget that the UK has its share of devastating natural disasters too.

Attached is a photo illustrating the damage caused to my home from the earthquake that occurred on Tuesday night.

It really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take things for granted.

. Rescued attachment Damage2_1.jpg
Rescued attachment Damage2_1.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 1/3/08 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
It would be so easy to send money, but I think in these situations it is better to help in a more practical way.

Knowing how you have suffered in the past with your bad back, if you need any help to right the damage
just say the word, I'll be straight over.

Paul G

Guinness

posted on 1/3/08 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Oh dear! I'm really sorry to see that level of destruction. You must be gutted. Do you think you'll be able to claim on your insurance?

The main thing is that you and the family are safe!

Always look on the bright side, chin up!

Cheers

Mike

donut

posted on 1/3/08 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
My condolences for your sad loss of the uprightness of the garden chair. My family and myself are deeply saddened by what has happened and are ourselves doing everything we can to prevent this sort of thing happening in our own home.

If there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to let us know. That photo is just shocking and one can only imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Our thoughts are with you on this troublesome day. I shall be wearing a black tie today as a mark of respect.

[Edited on 1/3/08 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 2/3/08 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
don't give us that excuse...

what did your mum tell you about swinging on chairs

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

RazMan

posted on 2/3/08 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Dammit I've been rumbled - How am I going raise the cash to get my next project going NOW!

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

kipper

posted on 2/3/08 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
rumbled eh eh ,
Rumbled in an earth quake I like it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.