posted on 22/11/07 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel duty petition

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/reducefuelduty/
t.j.

posted on 23/11/07 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ricks-9r
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/reducefuelduty/

If I sign it will the prices lower in NL too?

It's all crap: CO2, if one oil-vessel goes in the see, someone says "ok; now we have oil short, prices higher.

It's just they know we can't do without oil!
And so the goverment (incl Al Bundy) and the arabics can ask for the oil what they like.........

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

smart51

posted on 23/11/07 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by t.j.
If I sign it will the prices lower in NL too?

It's all crap: CO2, if one oil-vessel goes in the see, someone says "ok; now we have oil short, prices higher.

It's just they know we can't do without oil!
And so the goverment (incl Al Bundy) and the arabics can ask for the oil what they like.........

Use less then. Buy a more efficient car, cycle, go by train. Get an electric car. If you don't like 3rd world oil, don't use it.

I bet you want too though. Don't you?

Fuel is cheap and comes from parts of the world that are bad. Face up to it or change. It always sounds to me a bit like meat eaters who don't like animals or slaughter houses or raw meat or the fact that their food was once alive - but won't become vegitarian. They're both unpleasant truths.

t.j.

posted on 23/11/07 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
I drive on LPG, and guess what;

I have to pay extra taxes cause LPG is to cheap a litre.....

I just want to make clear the price is nowadays made with the media and public "feelings"

The people who work need to drive, they don't drive for the fun!
But the pay taxes over the loan, their house, their car, their petrol, their having a car etc. etc

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

Simon

posted on 24/11/07 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
It was predictable the that massive savings on diesel would be eroded once the gov persuaded enough people to use it.

You wait, when someone comes up with an engine than runs purely on air, and exhausts air (ignore the science, I'm being cynical!!), the gov will still tax you at the same rate. It will happen with LPG. Unfortuanetly, they can't dye electricity.

Edit: I forgot to say, petitions won't work - we have seen evidence of that. Now, if a million people descend on the HoP, they'll have something to think about!

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 24/11/07 by Simon]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.