Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ten paces
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 8/11/07 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
ten paces

Visiting Afghanistan for a second time, a war correspondent noted that since the fall of the Taliban, wives who used to walk ten paces behind their husbands were now walking ten paces in front. The journalist asked one of the men if this was a sign of growing equality.

"No", the man replied. "Land-mines."

Macbeast

posted on 9/11/07 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
I repeated this one in a 50s chat room and got slapped down by the host who said it wasn't "nice"

I said it wasn't meant to be nice, it was meant to be funny. I also asked if her objection was that it was demeaning to women or that it was demeaning to Afghani men. She said she didn't want to discuss it.

As said elsewhere the only people you can make jokes about are white middle-aged men in employment and in full posession of their faculties, limbs, hair and preferably of an acceptable body mass index.

Trouble is, men like that aren't very funny really

scotty g

posted on 10/11/07 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
To me thats another cracking joke and i hope i can remember it.
One of my fav tv shows around has been "Mock the week" The guys on that show don't hold back at all, absolutely everyone from every race, religion or minority comes under attack and its bloody great. i nearly p1ss myself laughing every time its on.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.