Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A Big Favour for a Stupid Idea
Keith Weiland

posted on 1/7/07 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
A Big Favour for a Stupid Idea

I am sure you have all seen the "Free iPod" or "Free xBox" ads on websites or gotten spam emails about them at one time or another. Well during the week I had watched this YouTube video which is a BBC news item claiming these do work if you can convince others to sign up.

Well last night at the pub some friends and I were talking about these things and I, possibly stupidly, bet them 5 rounds that I thought I could get one of these free deals to work.

I have had a look today and signed up for one for a free PS3. It requires me to get 13 people to sign up also and to select one of the deals they have. I chose the LoveFilm deal because it doesn't require any outlay of money, its something I was thinking about doing anyway and you get 14 days free trial after which you can cancel and pay nothing.

Anyway, what I was hoping is that I could get 13 or more people here to try this for me, If it works I'll get 15 rounds of free beer, a few free videos and I'll let you know it was successful so you can try it for yourselves if you want and if it doesn't work then I am out about an hour of my time and about £45 in beer and you will still get some free DVD rentals.

If you want to do me a huge favour and help me then please click here and sign up to the website then choose one offer (again I recommend the LoveFilm one) and sign up to that. If you do sign up to at least one offer could you post here to let me know so I can gauge whether I should have enough sign ups.

Thanks all.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macbeast

posted on 1/7/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
I suggest you save time and put your £45 behind the bar now
Keith Weiland

posted on 1/7/07 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yea probably but its worth a try. It shouldn't be that hard to get 13 people to sign up, I mean they guy on million dollar web page actually got people he didn't know to pay for ads too small to see.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 1/7/07 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Not off this forum he didn't!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Keith Weiland

posted on 1/7/07 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
True, I just thought what a helpful bunch we all normally are I would give it a try.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.