Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: skoda
oadamo

posted on 17/6/07 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
skoda

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day a 12-year old boy was walking down the street when a car
pulled up beside him and the window was wound down.
"I'll give you a bag of lollies if you get in the car", said the male
driver.
"No way, get stuffed", replied the boy.
How about a bag of lollies and £10?" asked the driver.
"I said no way", replied the irritated youngster.
"What about a bag of lollies and FIFTY QUID, eh"? quizzed the driver,
still rolling slowly to keep up with the walking boy."No, I'm not getting in the fricken car!" answered the boy
"OK, I know what you want, I'll give you £100 and a bag of lollies", the driver offered.
"NO," screamed the boy.
"What will it take to get you into the car"? asked the driver with a long sigh. The boy replied, "Listen Dad, you bought the skoda, you live with it."

donut

posted on 19/6/07 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote
I like that !

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 19/6/07 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
I like Skodas

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Hellfire

posted on 21/6/07 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
As it's about 10 zillions years old... it was good at the time. I'm on my second one, they are excellent cars. But then as all the range are in the top 10 Top Gear survey above most other cars - owners of inferior, more expensive cars... they are bound to resent that!

Steve

gazza285

posted on 22/6/07 at 04:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
I'm on my second one.......

Can't be that good then.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 22/6/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gazza285
quote:

Can't be that good then.

My dad had a proton MPi for 13 years from new. Does that make it the best car in the world by your reckoning?

gazza285

posted on 22/6/07 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
No, I have a Volvo.

Confused but excited.

posted on 22/6/07 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
There is an old boy living not far from me that has a Sunbeam Rapier. He's had it from new as an every day driver and it is still in show room conition!

Made in Britain!

[Edited on 29/6/07 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Simon

posted on 23/6/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
No new cars can be any good, because they are always bringing out new versions or facelifted, or re engineered.

(A while back, I agree) Clarkson disliked the Vaux blah, Vx went mad, yet within a year they announced 2200 changes. Do they leave nothing the same.

ATB

Simon

Hellfire

posted on 23/6/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Can't be that good then.

Company car. Replaced every two years

craig1410

posted on 23/6/07 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
As it's about 10 zillions years old... it was good at the time. I'm on my second one, they are excellent cars. But then as all the range are in the top 10 Top Gear survey above most other cars - owners of inferior, more expensive cars... they are bound to resent that!

Steve

Sorry mate, even if I could live with the badge, I couldn't live with the look of the front grill...

I've got a Seat Leon Cupra R which benefits from the same VAG engineering and the same great value for money but has a much prettier face. All IMHO of course!

Cheers,
Craig.

[Edited on 23/6/2007 by craig1410]

gazza285

posted on 23/6/07 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Can't be that good then.

Company car. Replaced every two years

So you are actually on somebody else's second one.

Hellfire

posted on 23/6/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
You got it

Peteff

posted on 23/6/07 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
they announced 2200 changes

Did they swap all the Philips screws for torx, how many bits are there in a Vectra?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Hellfire

posted on 24/6/07 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
As my second Company Skoda (1st one the old VRS), current one 2.0TDI; I've got the Seat Leon FR DSF? Golf GT (Fav) and Audi A3 170 TDI on my next C.Car list...

I'm thinking VW so far... I do like the Seat Leon, but the critics are saying the suspension is not as good as the Golf. Obviously it's the same chassis but there is a significant difference in handling etc... it is a company car though so should I care?

Steve

craig1410

posted on 24/6/07 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
As my second Company Skoda (1st one the old VRS), current one 2.0TDI; I've got the Seat Leon FR DSF? Golf GT (Fav) and Audi A3 170 TDI on my next C.Car list...

I'm thinking VW so far... I do like the Seat Leon, but the critics are saying the suspension is not as good as the Golf. Obviously it's the same chassis but there is a significant difference in handling etc... it is a company car though so should I care?

Steve

I've got the Leon Cupra MK1 because I think the new Leon MK2 is a bit too "pretty" IMHO. Most of the criticism I have heard of the suspension on the new Leon & Altea is that it is too hard but I must admit I don't know what they are all on about. I have driven a Leon FR and my wife has an Altea and I think the handling is great. Also, it is widely accepted that the Leon MK1 handled better than the equivalent Golf of that era and I'd be surprised if SEAT have gone backwards in this regard.

Regardless of what anyone says, go and do a few test drives and make up your own mind. Just don't drive the petrol Cupra if you are looking for a diesel FR....that's what I did and ended up buying it!!

Cheers,
Craig.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.