Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It's going to be one of those days.......
Irony

posted on 14/10/11 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
It's going to be one of those days.......

Woke up at 3am with a stinging pain in my armpit. Really quite painful. Sat up in bed and more stinging pain, more stinging pain and I ripped my T-Shirt of and flung it away. Girlfriend sat up and asked 'Whats the matter?'. I said 'I think I have been stung or bitten'. She said it must have been a dream. It didn't feel like a dream. On inspection of my armpit reveal four bumps with white heads. I kicked my fallen tshirt and a very large wasp few out and started buzzing around the lampshade. The wasp died 6 times on the trot by being repeatedly slammed in a haynes manual.

Woke up this morning and my girlfriend had cooked me eggs for breakfast, hardboiled. Ate one and thought 'I didn't know we had eggs except those ones that are three weeks out of date - oh dear'.

To sum up.

I have had little sleep.
Been stung 4 times by a large wasp.
Eaten a 3 week out of date egg - which may lead to stomach upset or food poisoning.
Have a girlfriend in a grump because I shouted at her for the egg business.

adrianreeve

posted on 14/10/11 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Does kind of beg the question, if you knew the eggs were three weeks out of date, why were they still in your fridge?!

Bad luck with the wasp though, I hate those buggers!

Cheers

Adrian

Peteff

posted on 14/10/11 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
I have wasp phobia since I got one down my shirt and was stung seven times across my back Eggs don't go out of date, if they are still yellow inside they are fine, stop being a girl and say sorry to your girlfriend and next time just eat the eggs quicker so they don't outlast the stamp on the box.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Irony

posted on 14/10/11 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrianreeve
Does kind of beg the question, if you knew the eggs were three weeks out of date, why were they still in your fridge?!

Bad luck with the wasp though, I hate those buggers!

Cheers

Adrian

true!

StevieB

posted on 14/10/11 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
We had a similarly bad night in our house.

Started a couple of days ago with our 9 month old being sent home from nursary with the a D&V type bug - I knew it would therefore only be a metter of time before we all went down with it.

Last night it struck - I felt a bit quesy but was holding it together. Our 4 year old started screaming about 10pm last night in a blind panic - he'd thrown up all over his room. I was helping with the clean up but my composure was starting to fail me.

I put him in the bath to clean him off and try to settle him a bit (seemed like a good idea at the time) while the wife went up into the loft to get the spare duvet only to be attacked by wasps from the nest we now know is up there. We'd been wondering for a while where the buggers were coming from as we keep finding them in the bathroom but could find no trace of a nest outside or in the loft previously. She escaped a stinging last night but a a couple of weeks ago she stood on one barefoot and got stung on the sole of her foot.

Anyway, 4 year old in bed, clean and calm. Wasps sealed back into loft (and now have an appointment with the council pest control). No sooner had everything settled down than my composure failed and I spent the rest of the night sick as a dog

Hellfire

posted on 14/10/11 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
She gets shouted at for cooking your breakfast..........

You have a Haynes manual in the bedroom.................

I'm surprised you have a girlfriend at all.......................

Phil

TimC

posted on 14/10/11 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

You mean to say that you don't enjoy reading about how to replace a clutch on a 1986 Montego Estate of an evening? Strange.

Hellfire

posted on 14/10/11 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

You mean to say that you don't enjoy reading about how to replace a clutch on a 1986 Montego Estate of an evening? Strange.

Now we know why you're a 'Welsh Exile' Tim

Phil

Irony

posted on 14/10/11 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
You don't all keep a Haynes manual in the bedroom??

It was the girlfriends 'chicken' Haynes manual.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 14/10/11 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Down the side of my bed at the moment I have Colin Chapman biography and Corky Bell's Supercharged.

Had to be careful how i wrote that as Corkys Supercharged Bell is something completely different

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Irony

posted on 14/10/11 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
A Haynes manual is nothin!!

A while ago I had some cylinder heads I wanted to save and decided to put them up the loft. Took them upstairs and then thought I'll leave them in the bedroom for a while as the ladder is in the garage. Girlfriend come upstairs, stubs her toe and trips over.

Took her a while to get over that.

Fred W B

posted on 14/10/11 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe she was cross because she thought you said you wanted head in the bedroom.......

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

The Shootist

posted on 14/10/11 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Ouch...bad night.

Sorry bout the wasp stings. My daughters horse was stung more than 30 times in July. That one was scary as we were camping at an area with stables and it took to different instances for the stable staff, and ourselves to find the nests.

Your eggs are probably safe. Fresh eggs may be kept at room temp for 2-3weeks, and refrigerated they are 45 days best-by date here in the US.(I don't imagine there is that much difference in US and UK eggs, although I hear the Ethiopian chicken is the fastest animal on earth)

Eggs in question can be placed in a bowl of cold water. If they float, they are bad.

RK

posted on 15/10/11 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
It is so difficult to get good help these days.
JoelP

posted on 15/10/11 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
ditto on the eggs, my dad regularly eats them a month out of date.

Grimsdale

posted on 15/10/11 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
The eggs are fine, unless they smell fowl! (ok, i'll get my coat)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.