Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New ASBO, same as the last one
Ninehigh

posted on 13/2/11 at 05:07 AM Reply With Quote
New ASBO, same as the last one

Turns out the "government" have come up with an idea to replace the Anti Social Behaviour Order. I can't remember the new name but it appears to be essentially the same thing.

However being a person that lives in the Real World I've come up with something a little better:

Problem with ASBO (and similarly wet replacement) is a "so what" factor. First of all the punishment for terrorising an area is being told not to go there. What's actually keeping that person away? Tom gets banned from High St, and there's only three ways he'd get caught:
1. By doing the same kind of thing that earned him the asbo in the first place, attracting the attention of the police and being caught.
2. Being unfortunate enough to get spotted by the coppers that caught you in the first place (or some other officer who just happens to know)
3. Being grassed up by a local (see point 1)

Solution: Tagging.
Tom gets banned from High St, and therefore has to wear a tag around his ankle (incidentally one that can't be removed)
The tag contains a small GPS reciever, with the banned area programmed in along with an amount of explosive.
Now if Tom decides to breach his asbo conditions he'll easily be spotted, as he's the one rolling around on the edge of High St screaming and minus one foot.

Snuggs

posted on 13/2/11 at 06:01 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me but I would suggest that the tag be fitted around the neck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Ninehigh

posted on 13/2/11 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
How would they tell their fellow doorknobs that this is a punishment that means business?

Of course being injured through your own stupidity no longer entitles you to disability benefit, and having one foot means they'll no longer be able to continue their scumbaggery, so they'll have to get a proper job. Might I suggest they sit in a shed for 16 hours a night while I get the beers in and then glare at them like they're a f**king goldfish (different rant there but hey ho)

snakebelly

posted on 13/2/11 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
i think thats a touch harsh, much more humane and fun to fit the tag to his wedding tackle and have it deliver a high voltage shock
Ninehigh

posted on 13/2/11 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
i think thats a touch harsh, much more humane and fun to fit the tag to his wedding tackle and have it deliver a high voltage shock

There's a risk they'd like that

Simon

posted on 14/2/11 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote

Is what's required.

ATB

Simon

gottabedone

posted on 14/2/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
^^^^^^^ seems very apt when you read about that girl who got a brick in the face from some scumbag recently!
Unfortunately I think that this government are following the previous in telling us what is good for us without actually asking......I mean, we are in a democracy

.................ASBO's are a rite of passage in some areas and what good is a piece of paper telling you not to throw bricks at policemen or drive a car into a shop window............come on

Steve

Confused but excited.

posted on 14/2/11 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with Simon on this one.
It's hard to claim you have 'street cred' when everyone is p1ssing themselves laughing at you and hurling rotten veg in your mush.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Ninehigh

posted on 15/2/11 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
I'm with Simon on this one.
It's hard to claim you have 'street cred' when everyone is p1ssing themselves laughing at you and hurling rotten veg in your mush.

Oh this is the punishment for being a drunken **** in the town centres. Well lock them all in a cage until the next afternoon

Simon

posted on 16/2/11 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
No, lock them in the stocks for a week, irrespective of what time of year, do not let them out for a shite or a pee and show them absolutely no mercy, and let people trow things at them.

I reckon a week in them with their feet covered in poo and pee and with severe joint ache, you'll have creasted some model citizens overnight.

As the meekats say, "Simples!"

ATB

Simon

whitestu

posted on 16/2/11 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Now if Tom decides to breach his asbo conditions he'll easily be spotted, as he's the one rolling around on the edge of High St screaming and minus one foot

I thought you said the tag coudn't be removed!

Stu

MikeRJ

posted on 16/2/11 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Tom gets banned from High St, and therefore has to wear a tag around his ankle (incidentally one that can't be removed)
The tag contains a small GPS reciever, with the banned area programmed in along with an amount of explosive.
Now if Tom decides to breach his asbo conditions he'll easily be spotted, as he's the one rolling around on the edge of High St screaming and minus one foot.

Have you just watched "Wedlock" staring Rutger Hauer?

Ninehigh

posted on 17/2/11 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

Have you just watched "Wedlock" staring Rutger Hauer?

No, but if it looks anything like Blade Runner (and not some bizarre romantic comedy like it sounds) then I might well do!

MikeFellows

posted on 17/2/11 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
gas vans...

drive them round the more undesirable areas, offering free drugs / stolen goods out of the back

get them in the back and gas them

population decreases, burdon of these people on society decreases and crime is reduced too

sorted

Ninehigh

posted on 18/2/11 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
gas vans...

drive them round the more undesirable areas, offering free drugs / stolen goods out of the back

get them in the back and gas them

population decreases, burdon of these people on society decreases and crime is reduced too

sorted

The s**te thing is this would probably work, day after day, in the same area.

And to make it work better occasionally actually give out free drugs

JoelP

posted on 19/2/11 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
there was a huge flaw in the wedlock film Was still good though.

JoelP

posted on 19/2/11 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
problem with the asbo isnt the asbo itself, its the soft courts who dont want to punish people if they breach it (should just go down as contempt of court), and wimpy politicians who cant see we need more prision places.

Ninehigh

posted on 19/2/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair would you want a prison near you?

JoelP

posted on 21/2/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
To be fair would you want a prison near you?

well, there are a fair few in the area already, ottomh there is armley and wakefield, plus a smaller one up near thorpe arch. Cant see the problem msyelf, its not like they can get out! Unless of course it an open prision.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.