Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: That was hard work...
Simon

posted on 20/6/10 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
That was hard work...

I, along with 27,000 others, did the London to Brighton bike ride today - not a massive distance at 54 miles, but I'd suggest serious cyclists go and have a look at Ditchling Beacon. I reckoned (well, it looked and felt) it was between 1 in 5 to 1 in 4 for about a miles and a bit. Rode it all the way but had to stop as couldn't engage granny ring.

Lots of clogged hills necessitate a much earlier start next year.

Final thing, I would be grateful to anyone who fancies supporting the BHF to give a little sponsorship on my justgiving page please http://original.justgiving.com/simonlivingstone2

Thanks very muchly

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 20/6/10 by Simon]

Marcus

posted on 29/6/10 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Simon, I did it last year, and yeah Ditchling is a pig. I managed to ride it all the way on a road bike. My sister failed about half way up!! I heard someone died on the beacon this year...bugger.
That event has got too big really, 27000 cyclists is a bit daft on some parts, it took us over an hour to get out of London, some of the inclines (not even hills) were crammed.
Pleased I did it though, I like the sound of the offroad...

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 2/7/10 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I, along with 27,000 others, did the London to Brighton bike ride today - not a massive distance at 54 miles, but I'd suggest serious cyclists go and have a look at Ditchling Beacon.

firstly well done.

ditchling beacon? piece of cake, when I did it but that was some years back and I was pretty damn fit; had to shout at the peeps to get out of the way !!! Grrrrr. Granny ring? Pah, just had 2 rings on my road bike, 52/42.

it is a good day out but far too crowded.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.