Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PC gone totally mad - again?
David Jenkins

posted on 9/1/10 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
PC gone totally mad - again?

I've just watched Hot Shots on Film4 - at the beginning there's a funny scene in a wigwam where Topper Harley smokes a pipe of peace with a navy officer - but the pipe has got a balloon of helium on it so they all talk in high, squeaky voices - highly amusing.

So what pillock decided that it was necessary to put the caption "Inhaling helium can cause injury or death" across the screen during the scene? Kills the joke just a bit!

Ninehigh

posted on 10/1/10 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
We should complain about that. If we were muslim 2 complaints would have those kind of warnings banned.

Mind you I got a "talking to" today for bringing 9 items to a "5 items or less lane" and when I looked for the sign was told there wasn't one. I politely pointed out that given that you need a warning that salted peanuts are nuts then you need a sign that I can't pay for ready meals and cat food here!

You need to warn people about everything these days, a superman cape can't make you fly. Objects in the rear view mirror are behind you, the sat nav is not responsible for you driving off a cliff or doing a u-turn on the motorway (which mine has)...

02GF74

posted on 11/1/10 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
I like the one where it tells you to take the plastic wrapper off your pizza before putting it in the oven.

Having said that, my sister put a pizza in the over when it was still on the polystyrene base, needless to say it tasted like a mcdonalds.

Vindi_andy

posted on 11/1/10 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Its the same reason winnebago had to change their handbook to say "Autodrive does not allow you to leave the drivers seat and go and make a cup of coffee" or words to that effect after someone did that then sued them cos it crashed and won.

[Edited on 11/1/10 by Vindi_andy]

Ninehigh

posted on 11/1/10 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Mind you I live with the person these warnings are made for. Stepdaughter places plastic bag over her head in front of my son. After being told about 15 times to remove it she finally does (with much sulking) so I snatched it off her and 'what a surprise!' it had a warning on the bottom not to put it on your head. Cheers teach my lad to kill himself you stupid ****

RK

posted on 11/1/10 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Locosts should have warnings:

"may cause great angst."

MikeRJ

posted on 12/1/10 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
Locosts should have warnings:

"may cause great angst."

And damage to bank accounts

David Jenkins

posted on 16/1/10 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Aaargh!!!

They've done it again! Hot Shots Part Deux is on tonight, and they've blatantly cut a scene (where the colonel is miming during a hostage video). Worst thing is - it wasn't particularly rude - just "adult".

It has now been turned off...

Ninehigh

posted on 17/1/10 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah they cut scenes all the time, I actually wrote in once when the scene they cut of whatever film it was gave a point to the past 20 minutes and without it you just had some guy doing stuff for no apparent reason.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.