Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT: Freesat
tomprescott

posted on 8/11/09 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
OT: Freesat

Hi Everyone,
Bit of a longshot but I'm hoping someone here will be able to help.

Just bought a brand new big lcd tv from Lg, its got freesat and freeview tuners built in. Previously had sky going to one tv, have swapped the sky lnb for a twin fortec star universal lnb (FSKU2VN) and wired one line to the sky box and one to the back of the tv.

The problem is that when I try to scan for channels the tv says searching for satelite, then after about 20 mins it says it could find any, but during its search phase the signal strength indicator at the bottom of the screen keeps finding signal - a few seconds of 60% strength, then maybe upto a hundred but then back to zero.

Any ideas?

rusty nuts

posted on 8/11/09 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help but keep us posted. I'm thinking about installing Freesat as I'm too tight to pay for Sky
gingerprince

posted on 8/11/09 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Possibly the new LNB is slightly heavier than the old one so the dish is aiming slightly lower, thus affecting the signal? How is the signal on the sky box with the new LNB? (in the services menu iirc).
tomprescott

posted on 9/11/09 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys,
Tried the old (single) lnb again and its not giving a signal either now, so most likely the dish has moved. Gonna have a play around with the positioning and see if i can sort it, so far this installation has been a real pain in the backside. Cheers,
Tom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.