Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Proud To Be British?
RK

posted on 20/10/09 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
No, it won't be that bad, but there will be rap.
scootz

posted on 21/10/09 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Proper rap (like Public Enemy), or Hip-Hop sh*t (like all the noise today)?
Ninehigh

posted on 21/10/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Prog Rap!

I'll join the common sense party! I'd like to add a few:

"compulsory parenting classes for everyone about to have a child. This includes an idiots style guide book (written by haynes?) to explain the stuff that is common sense to 80% of the population."
Brilliant idea, and there is a Haynes manual for "Baby" I have one

"Power - invest in green technology as well as sort out the infrastructure ..... oh and build some new power stations before our existing ones fall to bits. ie let David McKay run our energy policy."
We need to do this. Now.
All those roofs that can have solar panels on.. All that rainwater that can run small turbines in your drains and flush your toilet.. There's loads that can be done here

"Speed Cameras - sorry lads, they stay. The revenue is ploughed 50% into policing and 50% into the local community- including road maintenance."
Can we have the option to pay double (then triple, quadruple...) the fine instead of points after 6?

"Paperwork for all criminal (police, court etc) areas is reviewed to produce one set of simple documents that need completing once. Police targets are measured at a force / district level. Not at an individual level. Allow local police to deal with issues locally - quiet words etc. Don't measure how many people you lock up / caution - but how many reports of a problem you get."
Punishment by crime
It's a long explanation but basically those violent drunks will be punished by ten minute's getting a kicking

"Newpapers - have to print retractions & clarifications using the same amount of space they printed the original article. Simple law, will soon sort out the rubbish they make up. Should see an end to "Beans gives you cancer" headlines!"
Screw that they have to get the facts before they publish them or they get shut down!

"2) End the idiotic policies where you can be better off on benefits than in work. I've already devised a scheme where for every pound you earn, you're better off than not earning it and you're NEVER better off not working, so it can be done. The answers are then simple. You're benefits are not enough to live on? Get a job."
You're entitled to X months of benefit for X months of employment, up to a maximum

"3a) build a high speed rail network between Great Britain's 20 biggest cities that doesn't stop at every town in between. This will reduce many internal flights that are more polluting. Make them all stop at Heathrow and have a DIRECT link to the channel tunnel, not have to transfer via tube train."
I'd LOVE to build a maglev system, running alongside the motorways 300mph iirc

"5) End the Pro-London bias that means everything in the country has to be near London. The capital already has the 2 largest airports in the country. The new one in the Thames estuary AS WELL AS Heathrow and Gatwick and Stanstead and Luton should be built nearer the rest of the population."
Yeah sorry but London isn't the centre of the world...

"6) Actually do something to stop antisocial behaviour / knife crime / gang murder etc. Prisons are full. Build some more then. Too expensive? Make the prisoners work for their keep. They're not there to be on holiday. Make them contribute to their own upkeep."
See the "punishment by crime" bit

Also:
Legalise drugs, no penalty for possesion or supply, MEGA punishment for screwing anyone up because you've been taking them. E.g. take heroin at home, fine. Take heroin in your car and run someone over cos you're tripping your face off, screwed.

Minimum level of education before you're allowed to leave the school system. Like the old grade system in America, you have to pass a test before you go up a year.

Alternative methods of voting. Register to vote in whichever way you want

02GF74

posted on 23/10/09 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh

"compulsory parenting classes for everyone about to have a child. This includes an idiots style guide book (written by haynes?) to explain the stuff that is common sense to 80% of the population."
Brilliant idea, and there is a Haynes manual for "Baby" I have one

Minimum level of education before you're allowed to leave the school system. Like the old grade system in America, you have to pass a test before you go up a year.

can we merge this into one? Anyone planning to have a baby must pass a test to prove they are intelligent enough and have the means to support a baby.

Ninehigh

posted on 23/10/09 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah I'm all for serilisation (both sexes) until you can prove you can look after a child instead of shagging and dumping some little "girl" (for want of many better, but more derogatory, words) who's gonna teach that kid little more than "Britnayyyy NO!" and rob me when I'm 75

Simon

posted on 31/10/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Did you actually expect anything less with a labour government.

Unions seem to think that because a few people pay them subs, they can trample on any business that's making a couple of quid, irrespective of what (for eg the posties) actually deserve for delivering letters. Let's face it, you don't need a degree, just a basic ability to remember a route and be able to read. I reckon that worth £15k to 20 a year. Union thinks they're all worth £100k a year. Result is a 1st class stamp costs £10, nobody buys any stamps from them, and they go bust, and the union blames everyone else.

Yes, I'm very proud of my country and it's history, even some of the less savoury parts, but that's what make it Great. However, I'm beginning to think the country is run by Golgafrinchans, and it's probably time for a cull!

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 31/10/09 by Simon]

Ninehigh

posted on 31/10/09 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
However, I'm beginning to think the country is run by Golgafrinchans, and it's probably time for a cull!

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 31/10/09 by Simon]

Golgafrinachians? One, what are they and two how do you say it?

Simon

posted on 31/10/09 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
For full description:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Places_in_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy

but this extract should suffice:

Golgafrincham is a red semi-desert planet that is home of the Great Circling Poets of Arium and a species of particularly inspiring lichen. Its people decided it was time to rid themselves of an entire useless third of their population.....

ATB

Simon

Ninehigh

posted on 1/11/09 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Useless third?

More like useless four-fifths!

Peteff

posted on 1/11/09 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Golgafrinchans are a bunch of hairdressers.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Ninehigh

posted on 7/11/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
So when shall we get the Common Sense Party going?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.