Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who's going to believe this bloke ?
Peteff

posted on 4/8/09 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Who's going to believe this bloke ?

I just had a phone call from a very foreign sounding gentleman claiming to be speaking to me on behalf of Visa and Mastercard. He said his name is.....
Jude Law

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

carpmart

posted on 4/8/09 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I bet he also asked about the weather?

and......... if you saw Eastenders last night!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

graememk

posted on 4/8/09 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
i had a indian chap call me to say i havent paid my electric bill and that i could pay it over the phone...... yeah i dont think so
GrumpyOne

posted on 5/8/09 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Working from home I get all of them on the phone, utility bills, Weatherseal, boiler room scams etc. But the one I like most is the debt reducers.
They call up asking (in broken English) if you have debts of more than £15,000 because they run a scheme approved by the government to reduce my debt.
Told them to F*****F the first few times, now if I have the time I play along, let them give me the speell, then when they get to the end and start asking for money to set up a Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA) I tell them it's not legal in Scotland and what a shame. Amazing how many hang up on me.

We had our windows put in by Weatherseal about a year ago, now I reagulary get 8 - 10 calls per week from them trying to sell me windows. Again told them to sod off initially, now I make appointments with their reps and when they come out the house I point to the windows and tell them there must be some mistake, really hacks them off

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

Ninehigh

posted on 15/8/09 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
What you do is ask who they are and what company they're calling from etc, then say "Hold on a second I'll just go and get him"

put the phone on the table and go make a cuppa or something. Check that they've hung up after 5 mins.

Had one bloke called "Elizabeth" too, eventually admitted it was his name he picked it off a list!

But the best one of all was when I was on holiday, let them go through it all while I'm lying in the sun and then hit them with it:
"Oh by the way do you know where you're calling?"
"I have here you're in Warrington"
"True but I'm in Tenerife right now, do you know how much it is to call a mobile in north africa?"
"No"
"It's £2.40 a minute"
*click*

Pmsl all the way to the bar

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.