Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Waaaay OT, oven stopped working DIY?
balidey

posted on 15/7/09 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Waaaay OT, oven stopped working DIY?

My wife has broken our oven.
In her words, she went to turn it on, it went pop and blew the house fuses. She managed to reset the trip switch, but now the oven doesn't work.
There is a switch on the wall dedicated to the electric oven, it has power as the clock on the front is working. But the main element, the grill element, the internal light and the fan are all not working.
As we have had the element and the fan blow seperate times in the past and had them changed I thought I would have a look. So I have removed the rear panel and the element is intact, no burn marks like last time. The fan spins freely. But nothing looks damaged.

So, do I dig further? Should I remove the rear panel of the oven? Or does the oven need pulling out of the units? Is there likely to be a blown circuit board?

or should I do what we did the last two times and just ring our local repair man and let him sort it out?

Or is it new oven time?

Come on Locosters

Browser

posted on 16/7/09 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
If it's a fan oven, it'll have easy-to-reach elements for the main oven, they're normally a coiled effort fitted around the fan. Dunno about the top oven. Do you know how to do insulation tests (I haven't got a clucking flue)? IUf so you could do this to see which elements gone pop and narrow it down. You might as well have a go if you've got the back off now

Macbeast

posted on 16/7/09 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a timer that she's inadvertently set ?

Sounds like the control switch though.

balidey

posted on 16/7/09 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
well i did a bit of digging.
I removed he rear panel, this shows the main element and the fan. The element is fine, the fan spins OK, the grill element is fine. it all seems to point towards a break in the wire, or the controls before the fan and the elements, which I can't get to easily. So we have an expert coming out

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.