Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Credit card
Bigheppy

posted on 27/6/09 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Credit card

I have just received my statement and have been charged interest despite paying the balance every time before the due date. When I rang to ask why I was told that they now charge interest for the period between the statement date and the date it is paid even if it is paid before the due date. I did not have to pay interest before MARBLES was bought out by MBNA. Is this a standard charge with all credit cards or just the MBNA. I dont mind paying if I dont pay the full amount but when I pay on time it makes me furious.

I only really use it for ebay purchases and the odd petrol fill up otherwise I wouldn't have one at all.

[Edited on 27/6/09 by Bigheppy]

Peteff

posted on 27/6/09 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Tell them you want the charge refunding then get a card from your bank and use that if you pay in full every month. I'd be burying them in emails now as well.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Bigheppy

posted on 27/6/09 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Tell them you want the charge refunding then get a card from your bank and use that if you pay in full every month. I'd be burying them in emails now as well.

I'm already looking at getting another card but wondered if they are all doing it.

geoff shep

posted on 27/6/09 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
No it's definitely not standard.

You may find though, that it was in the terms and conditions which you were presumably sent when the card was taken over and which you (like me) probably ignored.

Is this a monthly card/payment problem or is it the end of a 0% period? More here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=3075

[Edited on 27/6/09 by geoff shep]

RK

posted on 27/6/09 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
You can pay interest on things that were not fully paid quite a while ago. This interest is often not on your statement. Find out how much interest you owe, pay it all, and you can start again. This is a common issue, that the banks don't advertise, being the thieving scum that they are.
Bigheppy

posted on 27/6/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
0% finished years ago. We did not pay the balance once and I accept that I had to pay interest but we now pay the balance up to 10 days before the due date. But today I was told that I will be getting charged interest betweem the date the statement was sent and the day we pay the balance even if we pay the balance in full.
Ninehigh

posted on 2/7/09 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Tell them to stick it...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.