Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ostrich eggs...
David Jenkins

posted on 9/6/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ostrich eggs...

That's what the demonstrators needed...

BNP link

...and lots of them (preferably past their sell-by date!)!

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/6/09 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote

a scrapheap challenge mass egg launcher needed

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RoadkillUK

posted on 10/6/09 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
I thought they were a legitimate Political Party with over 1 million votes in the EU election.

I don't vote BNP but I also don't see why they should suffer the crap they do from the public, the media and other Parties.

If you don't like them, don't vote for them.

2p spent.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cd.thomson

posted on 10/6/09 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoadkillUK
I thought they were a legitimate Political Party with over 1 million votes in the EU election.

2p spent.

more like 2p wasted.

Craig

sickbag

posted on 10/6/09 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoadkillUK

I don't vote BNP but I also don't see why they should suffer the crap they do from the public, the media and other Parties.

If you don't like them, don't vote for them.

2p spent.

I think the other parties don't want the BNP (or any other rising party) to get in as they'll then need to share their ill-gotten expenses.

It's strange how these protesters were backed by the government (especially Labour), and yet they tell us that democracy is live and well in this country.

My 2p worth, and it certainly isn't a wasted 2p - unless you're a Sun or Mirror reader.

Finally back on the job!

sickbag

posted on 10/6/09 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Something else that has always confused me. Sinn Fien (sp) has obvious links to terrorist, just ask the families that have been murdered both in Ireland and on mainland Briton, and yet they are welcomed as a ligitimate political party. Yet the BNP are kept out of the papers, off the TV, etc, and we're told (by the PC brigade, etc) to treat them as scum!

When I voted last week I also noticed a fair few 'UK for UK' parties, none of whom I'd heard off, and their party names elude me still. Are they treated the same? Even though they are obviously legitimate parties?

Finally back on the job!

Benzine

posted on 10/6/09 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Scariest thing I've done this week: read the BNP policies on their website. Truely shocking. On one hand I don't agree with the protesters as they can simply vote for someone else and beat the BNP that way. On the other hand they're evil idiots who, ironically, should be sent out of the country

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

cd.thomson

posted on 10/6/09 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sickbag
Sinn Fien (sp) has obvious links to terrorists, just ask the families that have been murdered both in Ireland and on mainland Briton, and yet they are welcomed as a ligitimate political party.

No one welcomes Sinn Fein apart from their extremist supporters. They are tolerated because they represent the only political route to contacting members of Irish terrorists factions. Denying them a political voice would increase acts of violence. Its a compromise.

The BNP are racist and fascist. They present themselves as a party of the people and focus on Daily Mail headline policies "British jobs for British people". Examining their policies closer reveals that they truely are bigoted. The fact is that a few of the BNPs votes come from people fooled by the spin, but most come from grass roots KKKers.

They should be laughed at and pelted with eggs in the same way as antisemite holocaust deniers and the Westboro Baptist Church.

[Edited on 10/6/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

sickbag

posted on 10/6/09 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
quote:
Originally posted by sickbag
Sinn Fien (sp) has obvious links to terrorists, just ask the families that have been murdered both in Ireland and on mainland Briton, and yet they are welcomed as a ligitimate political party.

No one welcomes Sinn Fein apart from their extremist supporters. They are tolerated because they represent the only political route to contacting members of Irish terrorists factions. Denying them a political voice would increase acts of violence. Its a compromise.

The BNP are racist and fascist. They present themselves as a party of the people and focus on Daily Mail headline policies "British jobs for British people". Examining their policies closer reveals that they truely are bigoted. The fact is that a few of the BNPs votes come from people fooled by the spin, but most come from grass roots KKKers.

They should be laughed at and pelted with eggs in the same way as antisemite holocaust deniers and the Westboro Baptist Church.

[Edited on 10/6/09 by cd.thomson]

So you're saying we should take away their right to free speech? Their very right to exist?

Finally back on the job!

cd.thomson

posted on 10/6/09 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
no definitely not, sorry if I implied that. What I'm saying is that extremist groups are going to class. The BNP ARE extremist so of course theyre going to attract the crazy communist opposition. I'm never going to be at a rally throwing eggs and shouting anti-BNP comments, but both groups are equally on the fringe of acceptability.

Craig

David Jenkins

posted on 10/6/09 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
It's all part of the great old British tradition of public protest - as experienced by Oswald Mosely in the '30s.

Cable Street
Cable Street

UncleFista

posted on 10/6/09 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
It's all part of the great old British tradition of public protest - as experienced by Oswald Mosely in the '30s.

Just to point out, (as a none BNP supporter) that that's just crap, Oswald Mosely was a Nazi, unelected at the time marching in nazi uniform through a mainly Jewish area.

The BNP bloke has been elected by the (in my view misguided) public, and attacked holding a press conference.

I fail to see the what they have in common, in fact if I was more melodramatic I could point out that the Nazi's did exactly what the major political parties are doing now and making it almost impossible to vote/support the party you prefer.

This isn't democracy

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

David Jenkins

posted on 10/6/09 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Fair comment.

It's quite likely that if the current government weren't so criminally incompetent then the BNP would not have got the 'protest votes' that put them into the Euro parliament.

Just one observation - Oswald Mosely WAS an elected member of parliament... unfortunately, first he was a Conservative, then an independent, and finally a Labour cabinet minister!

And nobody mention Max...

[Edited on 10/6/09 by David Jenkins]

RoadkillUK

posted on 10/6/09 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure that the BNP got the 'protest votes'

I voted in protest but it wasn't for the BNP (or any of the major parties).

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

David Jenkins

posted on 11/6/09 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
It's probably worth noting that this country has has a long and honourable tradition of egging party leaders, regardless of party...

cd.thomson

posted on 11/6/09 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Oswald lived in the same village as my Dax. Rolleston on Dove. In fact an old primary school friend lived on the site of his old house and we used to climb a tree that he planted.

Evil nazis sod

Craig

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.