Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HiFi madness again
02GF74

posted on 26/2/09 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
HiFi madness again

<---- linky

Imagine how many locosts you could buy or even Proscher 911!!!

For that amount of money you gould get the Rolling Stones and Madonna to play in your living room for a couple of weeks.

cd.thomson

posted on 26/2/09 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY INSULTING OFFERS.
THEY DOESN'T GET ANY CHEAPER.

Oh no they doesnt.

Craig

scudderfish

posted on 26/2/09 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Reminds me of

Liam

posted on 26/2/09 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
The 20-50kHz 'ultra high frequency' drivers will be useful. Sigh...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 26/2/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Bet the cat and dog love listening to them .... bought the only things in the house that will!
Hellfire

posted on 26/2/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Do you think my iPod will connect up to them?

Steve

Nice speakers though - if money is no object...

I'll stick to my Rega's...

Liam

posted on 26/2/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Bet the cat and dog love listening to them .... bought the only things in the house that will!

They probably wont mind. It's not just that they would be virtually inaudible to human ears - they aren't going to recieve any signal to play in the first place from conventional audi equipment!

Hellfire - I dunno, they look like rough sounding nightclub PA speakers with some fancy wood around them to me! I'll stick with me Castles.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 26/2/09 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
JBL's designs always look a bit garish to me. Plus I can't help but associate them with some really cheap equipment...

If you have silly money to spend you would be better off with a set of B&W Nautilus, at least they are good to look at and sound absolutely sublime!

I'll stick to my AE2's!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

02GF74

posted on 27/2/09 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
^^^ those are serious money; in some parts of the UK you could buy a flat for that, certainly a nice car or 4!!

... but what really gets me, I have been to pubs to listen to live music and this is played on vastly inferior equipment, yet no Hif system I have come across comes even close to sounding as good. (ok, I have not heard that myany systems and certainly none that are using spekaers over 5 k).

Mr Whippy

posted on 27/2/09 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
sorry but those speakers look like feckin awful 80's jobs, kind of thing I'd expect to see in the back of Cash Converters for £20...look they don't seem out of place at all next to the old VCR's Rescued attachment 001.JPG
Rescued attachment 001.JPG

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

iank

posted on 27/2/09 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
What I don't understand is if they're a dealer and the speakers haven't been made yet by JBL, why can't they just cancel the order?

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

martyn_16v

posted on 27/2/09 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
... but what really gets me, I have been to pubs to listen to live music and this is played on vastly inferior equipment, yet no Hif system I have come across comes even close to sounding as good.

There is no substitute for earsplitting volume, and alcohol Record companies recognise this, so when they're doing a press lauch of an album, they hire a swanky bar, get the journo's half-cut and then crank it up to 11 and play the album they're releasing, because it always sounds better loud.

I had a pair of cheapoffthebackofatruck PA speakers at uni, they were nearly as large as my bed, sounded awesome, and made me universally hated by everyone else in my block. Complaints ahoy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.