Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: N96 - it works!!!
DarrenW

posted on 4/12/08 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
N96 - it works!!!

Finally got the WLAN and i player working. Used the dhcp capability in the end but didnt realise you had to set up the encryption / security to match router. Sounds obvious when pointed out but menu layout doesnt make it easy to spot.

Had ringtone problem too which now seems ok (allegedly there is a firware glitch, new update awaiting 3 to approve it and make available for download).

Overall its a rather neat phone. Taking some learning but im getting there.

graememk

posted on 8/12/08 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
your ringer will stop working, when it does turn off 3d sounds, then they will work again.

i have one its a poo phone and i've gone back to using my n95, i've posted the n96 to nokia asking then to produce a good phone that works and when they have please post it back to me.

DarrenW

posted on 8/12/08 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah ive had that already Graeme.
Apparently Nokia have just released version 11.018 firmware that corrects some of the faults. Unfortunately 3 havent released it yet however their technical team have said its on its way and they will call me when its ready.

Overall i quite like the phone albeit havent had the pleasure of the N95 to compare it to. When out at the weekend with the kids the video function served to calm them whilst we were having lunch...... which is nice.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.