Board logo

Death Magnetic
mistergrumpy - 11/9/08 at 08:13 PM

Anyone got the new Metallica album yet then? I heard earlier that due to confusion in some shops they were selling it today so the decision was made to bring the official release date to today..so I dashed out Its good. Definitely better than St. Anger and sounds more like the classic stuff but still not quite in that same groove which isn't a problem for me unlike some peoples opinions. I don't think they'll ever return to that style, they seem to evolve. Needless to say though its great. Feet tapping and want to turn it up LOUD but don't want to annoy the neighbour. I might take it to the garage. Where's that head banging smiley I've seen!!

Macbeast - 11/9/08 at 09:21 PM

You're in denial about your age, aren't you

mistergrumpy - 11/9/08 at 10:06 PM

Speak up will you. I can't hear you over that cravat

MK chippy - 11/9/08 at 10:24 PM

hows about the recent whitesnake album? love it! a few of the tracks sound like theyre back to best!! Supposed to be a new Thin Lizzy album out this month aswell!! A real live album no dubs!!

mistergrumpy - 11/9/08 at 10:52 PM

New AC/DC next month too. The preview song sounds great. Loads out lately.

Benzine - 12/9/08 at 08:26 AM

Post 1988 Metallica: biggest disappointment since Jaws II

mistergrumpy - 12/9/08 at 08:59 AM

Give over. I agree its not up to the same standard as the older stuff but things change and time moves on and stuff. If they'd have kept on going in the same style they'd have sounded like Keane or Coldplay where every song sounds the bleeding same.
Its alright. Especially after the wait, wets the appetite again.
Can't wait for the AC/DC album.

Benzine - 12/9/08 at 09:09 AM

Postcount just went past 1349 (good band!)

[Edited on 12/9/08 by Benzine]