Board logo

30!
mistergrumpy - 11/9/08 at 09:02 AM

Went to bed last night and got up this morning another year older. 30 now! Had to take it easy getting out of bed in case my shin bones snapped when I stood up or summat! Just off to stick the breakfast in a blender then I'll get dressed.
By the way. At what point in your life do you get up and think "no, sod it I'll wear my best slacks, shirt and tie all day instead of them jeans"

Macbeast - 11/9/08 at 09:11 AM

Oh hah hah !!

I've got a cravat that's older than you.

Happy Birthday

John (66 next month )

Peteff - 11/9/08 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpyBy the way. At what point in your life do you get up and think "no, sod it I'll wear my best slacks, shirt and tie all day instead of them jeans"

What are slacks, baggy tights? When you start to think beige or taupe is a good colour for all your clothes then you should be worried.

Macbeast - 11/9/08 at 09:31 AM

Slacks are flannels, as any fule no .

I suppose taupe is a poncy word for fawn ?

mistergrumpy - 11/9/08 at 09:36 AM

MacBeast. Cravats and fawn flannels? You're not Tony Hart masquerading on here are you?

Macbeast - 11/9/08 at 09:39 AM

Peteff - 11/9/08 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
Slacks are flannels, as any fule no .

I suppose taupe is a poncy word for fawn ?

Flannels are for washing your fiddly bits as any fool knows I bet you've got a safari suit as well somewhere in the wardrobe

iank - 11/9/08 at 12:34 PM

Congratulations on the birthday.

Haven't owned a pair of jeans for over 10 years - just don't like them.

Cargo shorts, usually green, for everything except births, deaths, marriages, interviews and heavy snow.

Taupe is more of a dark beige isn't it? Time for a light blue metallic rover 400?

Mr Whippy - 11/9/08 at 12:54 PM

lol if your that bad when you turn 30 just think what 40 will be like!

christ I'm 35 and never been fitter

mistergrumpy - 11/9/08 at 01:13 PM

Hey its not me wearing slacks I might add.I just wondered at what age the transition is made from casual wear into shirt and tie
You're so right about that Rover thing Ian. I've said it for years but no one ever understood me! Fantastic.

clairetoo - 11/9/08 at 10:16 PM

Some of my record collection is older than you
And I still haven't decided what I want to when I grow up

P.S. Happy birthday

[Edited on 11/9/08 by clairetoo]