Board logo

sh-te ipods
grub - 8/6/08 at 04:07 PM

just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the ipod classic 80 gig im on my second in three weeks and i am off back to pc world on monday for another replacement, the sound keeps distorting may be its the choice of music thats makeing it shi-t its self.

Mr Whippy - 8/6/08 at 06:05 PM

ok might be worth mentioning I'm on my third set of head phones due to cracking noises (volume is too loud admittedly) plus I have also noticed that files increasingly become more corrupt the more they are played, requiring them to be downloaded again.

might be worth checking first

Tim 45 - 8/6/08 at 07:55 PM

Can honestly say that in the 2 and a half years of having my iPod, i have had no problems whatsoever.

What i will say to you is, have you tried different headphones to make sure the problem lies with the unit and not just the god-awful apple headphones?

grub - 8/6/08 at 08:01 PM

yeh tried spare headphones got a spare set because the first ipod only lasted one day some thivin tw-t nicked it out me lorry whilst im in the trailor unloading and me fm transmitter

Mr Whippy - 8/6/08 at 09:54 PM

try then just empting the files and then uploading them again. Don't know why the files degrade but on mine they certainly do and become all crackly and full of noise hiss.

02GF74 - 9/6/08 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
try then just empting the files and then uploading them again. Don't know why the files degrade but on mine they certainly do and become all crackly and full of noise hiss.

Sounds (pardon the pun) like you have the LP option enabled. This digitally recreates the hiss and crackle you used to get from worn vinyl records.

Tim 45 - 9/6/08 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Given the nature of digital audio, it is impossble for the files to degrade when played repeatedly on one device. It is true however that there may be some degredation over time with repeated copying of a file through different formats/storage media, but your problem is something very strange indeed, and im with 02GF74 on this one -- have you got the LP option enabled?

RK - 10/6/08 at 11:30 PM

Record it at a high level (at least 192). This will clear up a lot of crap in the sound.

IPods are almost meant to disintegrate internally after 1 year, just after the warranty of course. Brilliant way to do things if you're a shareholder.