Board logo

Mobile phones
richwill - 5/6/08 at 01:17 PM

I am about to upgrade my mobile and don,t know which to go for. It is for work and will be on contract so not bottherd about the cost just need a phone with good camera and not to big. Any recommendations

carpmart - 5/6/08 at 01:29 PM

For a business phone I would always go for a Nokia as I like (am familliar with) their Operating System. The business focused Nokia's perform better than the 'form over function' consumer focused handsets from other manufacturers!

Jasper - 5/6/08 at 02:25 PM

Nokia N95 8Gb, superb still and video camera and huge internal memory. Bit chunky but does everything, has built in GPS, Google Maps, Ebay, etc, etc..... I love it....

Mr Whippy - 5/6/08 at 04:23 PM

one thing to bare in mind with these new all fangled ones like the i-phone, n95 or my stellar is that these things are more like computers than phones with the attendant headaches that those are famous for. Mines a great device but does require me to often look up the manual to sort issues out and I only just understand how to set it up.

Jasper - 5/6/08 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
one thing to bare in mind with these new all fangled ones like the i-phone, n95 or my stellar is that these things are more like computers than phones with the attendant headaches that those are famous for. Mines a great device but does require me to often look up the manual to sort issues out and I only just understand how to set it up.

That's 'cos you're an old bugger!!! Really though, I only use a fraction of the awesome and rather confusing things on my N95

Mr Whippy - 6/6/08 at 10:04 AM

probably but the manual is like 3/4 of an inch thick! first I thought it due to all the other languages, then saw it was all in English

Jasper - 6/6/08 at 11:55 AM

Manual - wot manual, never even looked at it

eznfrank - 7/6/08 at 10:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Nokia N95 8Gb, superb still and video camera and huge internal memory. Bit chunky but does everything, has built in GPS, Google Maps, Ebay, etc, etc..... I love it....

I have an N95 and it's about as useful as a kn0b flavoured lollipop. I've had it 6 months and it's been back in for repair 3 times (freezing, losing memory) and now the speakers has blown, and before you ask I aint a chav playing my music on the back of the bus, just regular use.

Garbage IMHO.

mookaloid - 7/6/08 at 10:06 PM

Nokia N73 - I have 3 of these at work for staff - great phone