Board logo

RIP Boss
mistergrumpy - 20/3/08 at 11:24 PM

Well I know some of you don't like the police but tomorrow is the funeral of Michael Todd. Chief Con of GMP and a thoroughly decent man. A real peoples person and 'self made' all the way. I think he deserves respect for that at least, even if you don't like the police. I've been stood guarding his city residence for the last 2 shifts with pride. Just felt I had to mention it.

[img][/img]

DarrenW - 21/3/08 at 12:09 AM

Well said that man.

He probs had one of the hardest and underpaid jobs in the country. I always say the big business fat cats do actually earn ther money, surgeons probs deserve more - most coppers are shat on pay wise.

I hope he gets a god send off.

Mr Whippy - 21/3/08 at 09:35 AM

Looks rather young, what on earth happened?

Hope he hasn't left a family behind

mistergrumpy - 21/3/08 at 10:56 AM

1957-2008. Left a wife and 3 kids behind. Was found dead half way up Snowdonia with half a bottle of Gin besides him.

Mr Whippy - 21/3/08 at 11:59 AM

what are you saying it was suicide?

Hmm a similar thing happened to one of the blokes who was a long time and well liked member at my local model plane club, one day he just walked into a lock (lake) and drowned. He left kids behind too, everyone was dumbstruck (I now own two of his planes which his wife gave to members). No one spotted any signs including me .

[Edited on 21/3/08 by Mr Whippy]

mistergrumpy - 21/3/08 at 04:27 PM

Inquest is ongoing

Mix - 21/3/08 at 06:48 PM

In my opinion the police are trying to achieve the impossible at the moment, (I do wish they would re-focus their objectives sometimes), however I hope that his family will receive all the support possible and I wish them well for the future.

Thanks for the posting

Regards mick