Board logo

Installing a flue liner!?
twybrow - 29/1/08 at 10:53 PM

Any plumbers/DIY experts etc out there...?!

I have a ~1968 house, with a precast flue with vent brick on the roof. I purchased a gas fire to replace the old fire when we moved in. It has been stored in the attic ever since.

My issue is one of my neighbours says they have had a nightmare trying to find somone to install their fire due to the chimney/flue. Can anyone shed any light on this? The other neighbour just installed a stainless flue liner and had had no issue - what should I do? I don't mind the DIY, but only if it is legally acceptable...!

Paul TigerB6 - 30/1/08 at 10:58 AM

This might get more response in "Anything Else" which i would suggest is a more appropriate home for the thread. I know a lot of people never visit this section and it doesnt appear on the front page.

Paul

twybrow - 30/1/08 at 08:48 PM

I thought it should be here, as 'Anything Else' says car related, but I will post again in that section. Many thanks.

Paul TigerB6 - 31/1/08 at 08:09 AM

It might say anything else car related but it seems most just take it as an "anything else" section on a more serious nature rather than the jokes / silly things you get in here. A quick scan down the list of topics seems to confirm it with everything from Beadle to conservatories, and looks like you got a quick response through reposting so guess its worked anyway.

Maybe admin should rephrase its description then to take out the car related tag??