Board logo

Left brain v's right brain
donut - 12/10/07 at 09:42 AM

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-500 5375,00.html?from=mostpop%20

james h - 12/10/07 at 10:25 AM

wow
i wasn't concentrating on the way it was turning . . . .

i did eventually and was going clockwise for me i.e. apparently i use my right side of my brain more.

Not sure how true this test is as I have started my MechEng degree (Imperial) and we are meant to be left sided brain users (supposedly logical)

Doesn't bode well for me in the future

iank - 12/10/07 at 10:33 AM

Right brain apparently

martyn_16v - 12/10/07 at 10:56 AM

I started out seeing it clockwise, read the list a bit (and thought that's not me at all) and then glanced back at the image and she was going the other way...

ibakes - 12/10/07 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
I started out seeing it clockwise, read the list a bit (and thought that's not me at all) and then glanced back at the image and she was going the other way...

It kept changing each time i looked back

im confused

[Edited on 12/10/07 by ibakes]

scoobyis2cool - 12/10/07 at 01:33 PM

I saw it clockwise, with great difficulty I also managed anti-clockwise. Looking at the lists I can see bits of myself on both sides, but I prefer the right brain list so I'm sticking with that (not sure where my mechanical engineering degree fits in to that, but then again I did quit engineering after uni so maybe that explains it...)

Pete

MikeRJ - 12/10/07 at 01:52 PM

Anti-clockwise for me, but then managed to force myself to see it going clockwise and now I can't make it go back!

Confused but excited. - 12/10/07 at 04:02 PM

Damn. Now I really am confused.
Please make it stop!

t.j. - 12/10/07 at 04:06 PM

I can make it turn the way I want it.

if you look in the upper left corner of the texture you'll be able to "switch"

funny

smart51 - 12/10/07 at 04:24 PM

I just close my eyes, visualise which way I want to see it and then look at the picture. 100% success. Does that mean I am right or left brain oriented?

Fozzie - 12/10/07 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v

Same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only I didn't take my eyes off the image, it just changed!.......

Oooooeerrr!

Fozzie

Macbeast - 12/10/07 at 10:43 PM

How do they mean clockwise / anti ?

If she seems to be going clockwise looking from head to floor , she will be going anticlockwise looking from floor level up (not that we would do that :-) )

scoobyis2cool - 12/10/07 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
How do they mean clockwise / anti ?

If she seems to be going clockwise looking from head to floor , she will be going anticlockwise looking from floor level up (not that we would do that :-) )

There's always one isn't there I think they mean looking down from above her. If not then that's screwed up everyone answers!

Pete

cossey - 13/10/07 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by james h
wow
i wasn't concentrating on the way it was turning . . . .

i did eventually and was going clockwise for me i.e. apparently i use my right side of my brain more.

Not sure how true this test is as I have started my MechEng degree (Imperial) and we are meant to be left sided brain users (supposedly logical)

Doesn't bode well for me in the future

ive just finished the same degree and i though clockwise too

Mark Allanson - 13/10/07 at 06:27 PM

It was clockwise for me, but I am sure the image would look much better with the lights on!

locogeoff - 13/10/07 at 09:44 PM

When looking directly at the image I see it going clockwise, but anti clockwise in my peripheral vision.

JoelP - 14/10/07 at 12:01 AM

i think most people can see it either way, they are probably referring to how you see it on first glance. I think its nutsack anyway, but thats just me

MikeRJ - 15/10/07 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I think its nutsack anyway,

No, it's definitely the silhouette of a woman