Board logo

A Big Favour for a Stupid Idea
Keith Weiland - 1/7/07 at 12:24 PM

I am sure you have all seen the "Free iPod" or "Free xBox" ads on websites or gotten spam emails about them at one time or another. Well during the week I had watched this YouTube video which is a BBC news item claiming these do work if you can convince others to sign up.

Well last night at the pub some friends and I were talking about these things and I, possibly stupidly, bet them 5 rounds that I thought I could get one of these free deals to work.

I have had a look today and signed up for one for a free PS3. It requires me to get 13 people to sign up also and to select one of the deals they have. I chose the LoveFilm deal because it doesn't require any outlay of money, its something I was thinking about doing anyway and you get 14 days free trial after which you can cancel and pay nothing.

Anyway, what I was hoping is that I could get 13 or more people here to try this for me, If it works I'll get 15 rounds of free beer, a few free videos and I'll let you know it was successful so you can try it for yourselves if you want and if it doesn't work then I am out about an hour of my time and about £45 in beer and you will still get some free DVD rentals.

If you want to do me a huge favour and help me then please click here and sign up to the website then choose one offer (again I recommend the LoveFilm one) and sign up to that. If you do sign up to at least one offer could you post here to let me know so I can gauge whether I should have enough sign ups.

Thanks all.

Macbeast - 1/7/07 at 04:41 PM

I suggest you save time and put your £45 behind the bar now

Keith Weiland - 1/7/07 at 05:52 PM

Yea probably but its worth a try. It shouldn't be that hard to get 13 people to sign up, I mean they guy on million dollar web page actually got people he didn't know to pay for ads too small to see.

Confused but excited. - 1/7/07 at 06:05 PM

Not off this forum he didn't!

Keith Weiland - 1/7/07 at 06:13 PM

True, I just thought what a helpful bunch we all normally are I would give it a try.