Board logo

Hangovers....
BenB - 27/6/07 at 11:32 AM

Is there some relationship between getting old and hangovers?

At uni I used to neck shed loads of bevvies and be fine the next morning... but the older I get the worse it is.....

Went out with my bro after dinner last night to chat about BECs, had a couple of jars. Woke up this morning- major hangover.....

Perhaps its cos I had a glass of vino first.... Maybe it's true about the grape and the grain.....

It's pretty pathetic though getting a hangover after two pints and few glasses of vino!!

smart51 - 27/6/07 at 11:48 AM

Maybe it's because your liver was healthy when you were first a student.

David Jenkins - 27/6/07 at 12:01 PM

Would it have been red wine, by any chance?

A well-known hangover producer, especially when combined with other stuff!

davie h - 27/6/07 at 12:56 PM

i can go out for a night on the pop and get bladdered and wake up fine the next day but if i have 1 or 2 beers in the house i have a headache like nothing else and feel like crap

MikeRJ - 27/6/07 at 02:09 PM

I try to avoid any big drinking sessions these days. I've always suffered badly from hangovers, but a big session on a Friday night wipes out half my weekend these days

scoobyis2cool - 27/6/07 at 05:02 PM

I'm the same, the thing that gets me most nowadays is I used to be able to drink 7 days a week, now I need at least one day off in between.

I find that having a pint of water before bed helps cure the headache (comes from dehydration don't you know). It's also a long walk from the bus stop to my house, and the fresh air at 4am helps to sober me up a bit.

Alternatively, you could try chucking your guts up all night

Pete

David Jenkins - 27/6/07 at 05:05 PM

Of course, there's always the option of not drinking so much...

scoobyis2cool - 27/6/07 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Of course, there's always the option of not drinking so much...

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. But where's the fun in that?

Pete

TGR-ECOSSE - 27/6/07 at 10:55 PM

I am the opposite. When i was younger i got terrible hangovers and was realy ill. But it was discovered that i had a reaction to beers and cider etc so now i only drink whisky and/or red wine and am ok the next day. I usually drink Irn-Bru before going to bed and that helps

Keith Weiland - 28/6/07 at 07:04 PM

I haven't had a hangover in years. I usually have 8 or 9 pints of either a good ale of if they haven't got any I stick with Stella. Either way I do what scoobyis2cool suggest about having water but I usually have as much water as I can force down before heading to bed, 2 or 2.5 pints usually. It makes all the difference.

JoelP - 28/6/07 at 09:36 PM

i was once at work on a saturday dizzy as could be, having to sit down every half hour. I was totally useless. The lad i was working with was chuckling, turned out he'd drunk much more than me the night before! Ie nearly twice as much!