Board logo

skoda
oadamo - 17/6/07 at 09:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day a 12-year old boy was walking down the street when a car
pulled up beside him and the window was wound down.
"I'll give you a bag of lollies if you get in the car", said the male
driver.
"No way, get stuffed", replied the boy.
How about a bag of lollies and £10?" asked the driver.
"I said no way", replied the irritated youngster.
"What about a bag of lollies and FIFTY QUID, eh"? quizzed the driver,
still rolling slowly to keep up with the walking boy."No, I'm not getting in the fricken car!" answered the boy
"OK, I know what you want, I'll give you £100 and a bag of lollies", the driver offered.
"NO," screamed the boy.
"What will it take to get you into the car"? asked the driver with a long sigh. The boy replied, "Listen Dad, you bought the skoda, you live with it."

donut - 19/6/07 at 06:15 AM

I like that !

Peteff - 19/6/07 at 08:38 AM

I like Skodas

Hellfire - 21/6/07 at 10:19 PM

As it's about 10 zillions years old... it was good at the time. I'm on my second one, they are excellent cars. But then as all the range are in the top 10 Top Gear survey above most other cars - owners of inferior, more expensive cars... they are bound to resent that!

Steve

gazza285 - 22/6/07 at 04:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
I'm on my second one.......

Can't be that good then.

smart51 - 22/6/07 at 07:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gazza285
quote:

Can't be that good then.

My dad had a proton MPi for 13 years from new. Does that make it the best car in the world by your reckoning?

gazza285 - 22/6/07 at 05:25 PM

No, I have a Volvo.

Confused but excited. - 22/6/07 at 05:45 PM

There is an old boy living not far from me that has a Sunbeam Rapier. He's had it from new as an every day driver and it is still in show room conition!

Made in Britain!

[Edited on 29/6/07 by Confused but excited.]

Simon - 23/6/07 at 08:26 PM

No new cars can be any good, because they are always bringing out new versions or facelifted, or re engineered.

(A while back, I agree) Clarkson disliked the Vaux blah, Vx went mad, yet within a year they announced 2200 changes. Do they leave nothing the same.

ATB

Simon

Hellfire - 23/6/07 at 09:15 PM

quote:
quote:

Can't be that good then.

Company car. Replaced every two years

craig1410 - 23/6/07 at 09:54 PM

quote:
As it's about 10 zillions years old... it was good at the time. I'm on my second one, they are excellent cars. But then as all the range are in the top 10 Top Gear survey above most other cars - owners of inferior, more expensive cars... they are bound to resent that!

Steve

Sorry mate, even if I could live with the badge, I couldn't live with the look of the front grill...

I've got a Seat Leon Cupra R which benefits from the same VAG engineering and the same great value for money but has a much prettier face. All IMHO of course!

Cheers,
Craig.

[Edited on 23/6/2007 by craig1410]

gazza285 - 23/6/07 at 09:55 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Can't be that good then.

Company car. Replaced every two years

So you are actually on somebody else's second one.

Hellfire - 23/6/07 at 09:58 PM

You got it

Peteff - 23/6/07 at 10:07 PM

Did they swap all the Philips screws for torx, how many bits are there in a Vectra?

Hellfire - 24/6/07 at 08:59 AM

As my second Company Skoda (1st one the old VRS), current one 2.0TDI; I've got the Seat Leon FR DSF? Golf GT (Fav) and Audi A3 170 TDI on my next C.Car list...

I'm thinking VW so far... I do like the Seat Leon, but the critics are saying the suspension is not as good as the Golf. Obviously it's the same chassis but there is a significant difference in handling etc... it is a company car though so should I care?

Steve

craig1410 - 24/6/07 at 08:48 PM

quote:
As my second Company Skoda (1st one the old VRS), current one 2.0TDI; I've got the Seat Leon FR DSF? Golf GT (Fav) and Audi A3 170 TDI on my next C.Car list...

I'm thinking VW so far... I do like the Seat Leon, but the critics are saying the suspension is not as good as the Golf. Obviously it's the same chassis but there is a significant difference in handling etc... it is a company car though so should I care?

Steve

I've got the Leon Cupra MK1 because I think the new Leon MK2 is a bit too "pretty" IMHO. Most of the criticism I have heard of the suspension on the new Leon & Altea is that it is too hard but I must admit I don't know what they are all on about. I have driven a Leon FR and my wife has an Altea and I think the handling is great. Also, it is widely accepted that the Leon MK1 handled better than the equivalent Golf of that era and I'd be surprised if SEAT have gone backwards in this regard.

Regardless of what anyone says, go and do a few test drives and make up your own mind. Just don't drive the petrol Cupra if you are looking for a diesel FR....that's what I did and ended up buying it!!

Cheers,
Craig.