Board logo

Man glued to bike in SA
DarrenW - 4/5/07 at 02:12 PM

How mad is this?????

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,2071924,00.html?gusrc=ticker-

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/5/07 at 11:54 AM

Not as bad as the boiling water poured repeatedly over a 80 year old whilst they robbed the house.
The is reason why we now live back in Scotland,
Animals is to nice a word.
Same scum that rape babys and 3 year old kids.

Read www.iol.co.za link crime and courts and you can see what I mean.
This glue victim was lucky.....he lives.....the scum kill for 20 pence

'I was asked if I wanted to f****** die'

May 04 2007 at 04:46AM

By Botho Molosankwe

When Kobus van Deventer was told to strip naked by one of the robbers ransacking his house in Vorna Valley, Midrand, he thought he was about to be gang-raped.

As he undressed and thought of the humiliation and pain he would suffer at the hands of the four men, one of them smeared superglue on the saddle of his exercise bicycle and told him to sit on it.

Five hours later, the 50-year-old man had not been raped but his back was burnt by the scorching sun and his lips were tightly glued together. His hands were glued to the handlebars and his feet were glued to the pedals.

'I saw him sitting there on the bike naked and trying to free himself'
When his partner Elmarie arrived home, what she saw was a scene she'll never forget. The asthmatic man was having difficulty breathing and had swallowed a lot of glue.

"I couldn't believe it. I saw him sitting there on the bike naked and trying to free himself. His eyes were popping out and there was no sound coming from his mouth," Elmarie said on Thursday.

"He was red with sunburn and I thought he was having a heart attack."

Van Deventer considers himself lucky that he wasn't killed.

He told The Star he was driving in Bryanston on Wednesday afternoon when a red Mercedes Benz driven by a man "dressed very nicely" stopped next to him. The man, who had a clipboard with him, went over to Van Deventer's car and produced a gun.

'I was asked if I wanted to f****** die'
"He told me to move over and then took my gun. There was another car 50m ahead of us, and two armed occupants got out and climbed into the car with me. A third stayed in their car."

The property developer was then told to drive to his house in Vorna Valley. On their way there they passed a roadblock, "but there was nothing I could do to try to alert the police. I had two men in the car who had guns on them all the time. That was not the most pleasant journey of my life."

At the house, the robbers asked him about his safe, and took all seven firearms inside it. He reacted with shock when they asked him about a second safe and "I was thrown on the floor, a gun was put into my mouth and I was asked if I wanted to f****** die".

Van Deventer said he was assaulted by the men, even when he was stark naked on the bicycle. He believes they wanted to kill him when they were done and that he was lucky to survive.

"One man said 'Let's hang him', another one said 'Let's find petrol' while the other said 'I have a better idea', looked at me and told me to undress. I thought I was going to be raped," Van Deventer said.

That was when he was glued to the bicycle. When the men left, they had taken his house keys, remote control for the gates, spraypainted the video camera recorder and took his construction equipment as well as his vehicle. Among the contents of the safe were Krugerrands and jewellery.

Van Deventer said the stolen goods could be worth R500 000, but he was angrier at the crime situation in the country.

"As I was on that machine I had feelings of hate, frustration and disbelief. I was hungry, in pain, my mouth was sore and I had swallowed substantial amounts of glue. But this has taught me to appreciate life more. People have asked what it is I could have done differently in order to avoid it, but there was nothing. It happened even though I was armed."

[Edited on 5-5-07 by mangogrooveworkshop]