Board logo

Oh Bugger photos
iank - 13/10/06 at 10:55 AM

I've put them in my photo archive - see link below.

Just been sent a pile (30ish) photos of the 'oops' variety, mostly airplanes that have been landed carelessly, but also a few cars of the parked in swimming pool variety. If any are photoshopped they are very good.

The dilemma is do I post some, all, or none of them? while there are no corpses laying about most of them could have caused fatalities.

[Edited on 13/10/06 by iank]

Scotty - 13/10/06 at 01:45 PM

go, post 'em, but maybe put up a disclamer for the more "sensitive" members

maybe better just put up a link .........

iank - 13/10/06 at 02:12 PM

Since it's you

I've put them in my photo archive.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=iank&folder=oops

Some stupid, some might be upsetting, all as I got them.

If there is strong concensus that a particular image isn't appropriate I'll delete it.

Scotty - 13/10/06 at 02:53 PM

wow!
some really funny ones,
some bl00dy scary ones too!
muppets of the world unite !!!

ps I didn't find any offensive ones, where do I look for them ?

iank - 13/10/06 at 03:07 PM

Figured 12, 20 and 31 might upset some.

scotty g - 13/10/06 at 04:28 PM

Im thinking that the pony half way through the windscreen didn't go on to lead a long and happy life!!!!!!

Guinness - 13/10/06 at 04:49 PM

Ian

I think it's only fair to say that ALL of those photos would upset someone, mainly the insurance underwriters!!!!

Some of them are just mad, like no 22!

(imho nothing wrong with posting them, as quite a few have been posted here before)

Mike

Simon - 13/10/06 at 07:47 PM

Last one looks scary. Plane flying (almost) directly at camerman, without a pilot

I could be wrong but I think there may still be someone in one of the sunken plane pics.

ATB

Simon

MikeRJ - 13/10/06 at 11:09 PM

What on earth happened to the plane in #30? Looks like someone tried to feed it through a giant version of the bread slicing machines they have in supermarkets.

Actualy, I'm guessing the prop came off?

[Edited on 13/10/06 by MikeRJ]

iank - 13/10/06 at 11:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
What on earth happened to the plane in #30? Looks like someone tried to feed it through a giant version of the bread slicing machines they have in supermarkets.

By the pattern of damage I assumed the same as 17 except a more comprehensive job.

MikeRJ - 13/10/06 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
By the pattern of damage I assumed the same as 17 except a more comprehensive job.

Ouch, hadn't seen that one

Simon - 14/10/06 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

Nah, someone (allegedly) hand started a plane without anyone inside. Plane was on choke, started, got away from "pilot" and ran on until it hit something hardish.

Mythbusters took the photo, worked out the slash spacings, and did an experiment using an engine/prop mounted on trolley and it did just that, so they proved that's what might have happened.

ATB

Simon

DIY Si - 14/10/06 at 01:42 AM

not overly keen on the pic with the horse though. otherwise cool

David Jenkins - 14/10/06 at 08:02 AM

The last one is impressive - but where's the photographer! The jet is coming straight at him, but the pilot's gone AWOL.

indykid - 15/10/06 at 02:14 PM

21's definitely photoshopped. it looks like it's still got chocks under the wheels!

i pmsl at 1 and 2 though.
tom

foskid - 16/10/06 at 11:11 AM

this is a vid from the inside of the F16 just before the ejection.

foskid - 16/10/06 at 11:17 AM

oops that didnt work then. can someone give some advice on how to send it please.

John