Board logo

My smile for the day.
Fred W B - 14/6/06 at 02:08 PM

Last night I got home from work to be told by my elder stepdaughter that her car battery is flat. She thinks she may have left the lights on. Where it is parked it is not easy to get another car alongside so I take the battery out (lousy job in the dark) and put in on charge in the garage.

Today I get a call at work from said stepdaughter:

SD: Fred, did you put my car battery on charge last night?

FWB: Yes.

SD: So why won't my car start now?

FWB: Because I haven't put the battery back in it yet..............

Cheers

Fred W B

Simon - 14/6/06 at 08:03 PM

Point out:

a - it's her car.
b - if she can't do simple things like change a flat or charge a battery

taking a bus might be a better option

ATB

Simon

Peteff - 14/6/06 at 08:05 PM

Simon, haven't you seen the photos. She should never be made to use her hands or ride a bus. This is from Fred's archive and I don't know which one is his stepdaughter but she is on here somewhere.
guests
guests

[Edited on 14/6/06 by Peteff]

ned - 14/6/06 at 08:45 PM

turquoise top iirc..?

[Edited on 14/6/06 by ned]

AlexS - 14/6/06 at 09:04 PM

I hate to admit it, but I have male friends who call the AA out to fix a flat so I dont expect much of someone who actually cares whether they get covered in oil!

graememk - 14/6/06 at 09:53 PM

i'll driver her to work

omega0684 - 14/6/06 at 10:29 PM

how old is your step daughter? fred its a shame that i dont live in south africa............

robertst - 14/6/06 at 11:59 PM

similar thing happened once to my sis. she said her batery had drained so i had to drive 25 miles during rush hour in my smart with kick-start leads to find out that she had the car on gear! automatic cars dont start unless they are in P or in N. she had it in "1". i.e. the first gear! in an auto..

Fred W B - 15/6/06 at 06:03 AM

Jeez - You guys have long memories

Yes, turquoise top, she turns 21 this year. Between her and her 16 year old sister I am never short of young lads around the place, to help lift things in the garage. Trouble is none of them stay in the garage very long!
Even the ones they meet at the Kart track - kids today, just want to drive it, not work on it, mumble......mumble........BOF mode

Cheers

Fred W B

GIRLS X 3
GIRLS X 3

[Edited on 15/6/06 by Fred W B]

graememk - 15/6/06 at 08:21 AM

so fred theres quite a few of us that want to come and stay with you in SA. how many spare rooms do you have?

ned - 15/6/06 at 08:24 AM

is this the point where i say 'nice puppies' ?

i'll get me coat

ps if they ever fancy a trip to the uk I'd be happy to offer accomodation

pps their friends are also welcome:
dresses
dresses

[Edited on 15/6/06 by ned]

Hellfire - 15/6/06 at 08:48 AM

I was going to say - "the wrinky dog in the picture...?" but my conscience got the better of me...

donut - 15/6/06 at 08:48 AM

Fred W B - 15/6/06 at 11:04 AM

Graememk - Any of you are welcome to visit us, provided you pack some car parts in your suitcases, including

this

Ned - thanks, but you missed your chance to have them stay with you, both girls have been to the UK on school tours/gap year recently.

If anybody really wants to join my family, why don't you take out my wife's younger sister - the only blonde in the family?. She is resident in London, and is single. U2U's and email requests to me for her contact details will only be entertained if accompanied by a request for the SA delivery address for the 300 bhp Rover V8.

cheers

Fred W B

sis
sis

[Edited on 15/6/06 by Fred W B]

ned - 15/6/06 at 12:04 PM

if she's seeking a toy boy for fun and frolicking then I'm game

oh and does she have any daugters?!!!

[Edited on 15/6/06 by ned]

graememk - 15/6/06 at 05:06 PM

i want to go live with fred, personally its got to be worth the parts he needs

so ok who wants my wife then ?

maybe we could do a dating section on here ?

DIY Si - 15/6/06 at 09:43 PM

Mmm, a locost wife swap? Is this wise? But those daughters are definitely worth a engine or two.....

tractorboy - 16/6/06 at 06:52 AM

contradiction in terms i think there 'locost wife' .how does that work then ? scott

steve m - 16/6/06 at 11:18 PM

nice puppies

does any one want my wife ?

tractorboy - 17/6/06 at 12:20 AM

ill swap you her for mine ,and ill throw in a set of witworth sockets and a left handed screwdriver? cheers scott

theconrodkid - 18/6/06 at 03:44 PM

spookily i am single and live in london
oh and ive just had my hair cut and bought some new socks and t shirts

[Edited on 18/6/06 by theconrodkid]

Fred W B - 18/6/06 at 05:49 PM

Hay Conrod

Looked in your archive for a pic of you - Found this - No wonder you are single if this is what you are looking for

Cheers

Fred W B
Description
Description

omega0684 - 18/6/06 at 05:51 PM

sounds about right

ned - 18/6/06 at 06:49 PM

incase you're still looking there's a pic of john here fred:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/3DSCF0068.JPG

JoelP - 18/6/06 at 07:54 PM

looks a little deranged there, but he's a nice chap really!

[Edited on 18/6/06 by JoelP]

theconrodkid - 19/6/06 at 04:36 PM

derandged????i was hungry at the time,amd Fred yes i do DEMAND my dinner be on the table when i get home and no my whole world dosnt revolve round food and tea

DorsetStrider - 20/6/06 at 04:07 PM

Ok..... well it would seem that while my family were being beaten with the ugly branch someones family was being tickled with the pretty leaf...... sniff