Board logo

Really keen new user
Slimy38 - 23/6/13 at 06:19 PM

Not sure why, but I found a new users first four posts to be rather amusing;

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/misc.php?action=search&srchuname=HELENA2&searchsubmit=a&srchfid=all&srchfrom=0

She REALLY wants to sell us some weather stuff, even willing to dreg up posts from a few years ago...

rusty nuts - 23/6/13 at 06:23 PM

One way of getting around having traders status on the forum

Mr Whippy - 23/6/13 at 06:37 PM

Probably not yet realised this is a car forum either

rusty nuts - 23/6/13 at 06:41 PM

Now on 5 posts

Xtreme Kermit - 23/6/13 at 06:49 PM

I thought the thread resurrections were a bit odd...

Ninehigh - 23/6/13 at 07:46 PM

Surely it should get around the trader status, well I mean we've spotted it

clairetoo - 23/6/13 at 07:59 PM

Its nothing more than spam..................this is obviously not a kit builder or user , just someone trolling for any threads that mention garages or doors.......

jossey - 23/6/13 at 08:26 PM

Yes I noticed her if it is a her. I might post a fake ad to see of she replies again lol

Ninehigh - 23/6/13 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jossey
Yes I noticed her if it is a her. I might post a fake ad to see of she replies again lol

Wow it's that windy my garage door just blew off!

jossey - 24/6/13 at 06:12 AM

Lol

PhillipM - 2/7/13 at 12:20 AM

How dumb are people if they don't realise this does nothing but scream AVOID at everyone on the 'net?

iank - 2/7/13 at 05:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PhillipM
How dumb are people if they don't realise this does nothing but scream AVOID at everyone on the 'net?

Sadly on the "regular" internet there will be a small number of people who would respond and get scammed or ripped off - that's why spam "works" as you only need one or two responses to make a profit for a very low investment getting to millions of people.

On here where the average intelligence (and cynicism) not to mention the desire to do it yourself/on the cheap is far too high to catch out anyone - at least I'd hope so.

mookaloid - 2/7/13 at 08:52 AM

Has anyone reported her to Chris yet?

If by any chance she is genuine then she could apply for trader status.