Board logo

Dexys on Jools Hooty
coozer - 1/1/13 at 01:54 PM

Anyone see Jules Hooternanny last night?

Was it cause I was swimming in whiskey or where Dexys very strange indeed...

Everyone else sounded good apart from the strange noise Kevin was making...

40inches - 1/1/13 at 02:02 PM

Very strange. Was looking forward to hearing them, they should stay retired.

britishtrident - 1/1/13 at 02:20 PM

Yep 100% agree very strange and disappointing, actually whole show was not as good as it has been in the past years although Jools and his band and Ruby Turner always are great, but the lack of big name or just interesting acts was sorely felt. However I must say for an 82 year old Petula Cark was pretty dammed good. Still it was better than than the electric tartan tosh BBC Scotland served up to us north of the border.

40inches - 1/1/13 at 02:27 PM

Didn't mind Paloma Faith and Emeli Sandé. Was a surprise to see Ron Dennis there, thankfully he didn't sing.

scootz - 1/1/13 at 03:31 PM

I just can't take Paloma Faith seriously. The only thing worse than her 'singing' is her songwriting!

Rod Ends - 1/1/13 at 04:47 PM

Google images kevin rowland Strange chap.

BenB - 1/1/13 at 06:00 PM

I was up sober and feeding the baby. Thought Dexys were bizarre. Thought the Adam Ant songs had a certain amount of interest

MikeRJ - 1/1/13 at 06:06 PM

The Dexys were certainly not quite what I was expecting, couldn't help thinking that plenty of sauce had been flowing prior to their performance.

coozer - 1/1/13 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
I was up sober and feeding the baby. Thought Dexys were bizarre. Thought the Adam Ant songs had a certain amount of interest

Hmm, the girl singing next to him was interesting....

BenB - 1/1/13 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Next to who?

coozer - 1/1/13 at 07:36 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Next to who?

Next to Adam..

Simon - 2/1/13 at 10:25 AM

Saw Adam Ant was on so decided to watch - fab. Excellent start to 2013. Seen him live twice in last 14 months and his live songs are much more like he was on Jools show.

The girl has her own band (Poussez Posse iirc) and she ain't that good - more decoration for the stage

Think Kevin Rowlands might have had a bug cos I've heard Dexys latest tunes on 6 music and thought they sounded great. He doesn't look too healthy either, which is a shame.

ATB

Simon

blakep82 - 2/1/13 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I just can't take Paloma Faith seriously. The only thing worse than her 'singing' is her songwriting!

Even worse 4han that for me is tools Holland himself. He played a good piano in squeeze's cool for cats, but I find him far too irritating, and all the fake excitement on that programme.