Board logo

wilder ride
dave r - 14/10/12 at 03:36 PM

http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

he's off

Slater - 14/10/12 at 03:54 PM

thanks for reminder, watching it now, amazing live footage.

Hope he comes down safe. It's guys like this along with Scott, Shackelton, Grisholm, Armstrong, Campbell, Fiennes, Andy Green etc.... that make the human race what it is.

Godspeed

T66 - 14/10/12 at 04:06 PM

This is brilliant viewing, thanks !

theduck - 14/10/12 at 04:21 PM

Just watching this. How fitting that it is 65 years to the day since chuck yager was the first man to break the sound barrier.

T66 - 14/10/12 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Just watching this. How fitting that it is 65 years to the day since chuck yager was the first man to break the sound barrier.

Yaegers biography is one of the best books I have read, if you havent give it a go...

theduck - 14/10/12 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by T66
quote:
Originally posted by theduck

Yaegers biography is one of the best books I have read, if you havent give it a go...

One for the list. Hate to admit but my knowledge on target comes from watching the right stuff

cerbera - 14/10/12 at 05:05 PM

Struggling to get the video feed, anyone else having this issue?

dave r - 14/10/12 at 05:23 PM

yes its a bit flakey

cerbera - 14/10/12 at 05:25 PM

It's working for me now. It was probably due to a high demand for the video feed.

theduck - 14/10/12 at 05:27 PM

i alao can't get live feed now.

dave r - 14/10/12 at 06:08 PM

on bbc news channel

slingshot2000 - 14/10/12 at 06:19 PM

Thanks for posting the link. We all sat and watched it, AMAZING!!

Regards
Jon

(edited to correct stoopid spelling error!)

[Edited on 14/10/12 by slingshot2000]

cerbera - 14/10/12 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
AMAZING!!

It certainly was. My stomach is still recovering from the first few seconds fall.

blakep82 - 14/10/12 at 06:24 PM

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! :O

that was amazing! what a LAD!

David Jenkins - 14/10/12 at 09:12 PM

I'm not sure what was going on in the last few minutes before his jump - he could hardly talk and was very uncoordinated. I was wondering whether he was getting enough oxygen.

I was starting to worry for his safety...

Hell of a thing to watch though!

blakep82 - 14/10/12 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I'm not sure what was going on in the last few minutes before his jump - he could hardly talk and was very uncoordinated. I was wondering whether he was getting enough oxygen.

I was starting to worry for his safety...

Hell of a thing to watch though!

i think he was getting asked to do something (remove intake and exhaust hoses and vent, or something for example) and while he was doing it, he was getting asked again to confirm, even though he was still doing it, so couldn't yet confirm he'd done it. therefore, i don't think kissinger (i can't remember his real name...) was really giving him enough time to do everything, THEN confirm, he was wanting confirmation of everything on the check list right away. thats how i saw it anyway.