Board logo

Flat Battery - Russian style
T66 - 11/8/12 at 11:29 AM

Ive not seen this done before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRpPPobJEe4&feature=related

craig1410 - 11/8/12 at 12:18 PM

I used to use that method to start my direct drive go-karts when I was setting up the 2 stroke engines. I used to get a mate to help me and we would do one back wheel each to avoid the kart spinning round. Foot against the back bumper and pull. It's a lot easier than doing a bump start and then trying to lift up the back of the kart before it runs away from you...

I'm just glad the russian guy hadn't wound the rope around his wrist like you do in tug-o-war or he would now be part of the suspension system...

Don't try this at home folks...

dave r - 11/8/12 at 02:51 PM

see your car and raise you a lorry

click me

David Jenkins - 11/8/12 at 03:23 PM

I went to a bike shop in London a few decades ago ("Gus Kuhn" rings a bell, but time may have dulled the memory) - they started a racing bike by grabbing the bottom of the back wheel and pulling back sharply.

I they got it wrong then they got tangled in the chain; if they got it right they got a blast of unsilenced exhaust in their ear! (they got it right - my word, it was loud in the shop!)

[Edited on 11/8/12 by David Jenkins]

rusty nuts - 11/8/12 at 04:11 PM

I've started an air cooled VW engine on the floor using a plank of wood to rotate the flywheel by laying it along the ring gear and with another guy on the far end of the plank dragging it along, just look out for splinters