Board logo

Investment worries? Best Investment.
Confused but excited. - 9/3/12 at 01:37 PM

Don't worry about tomorrow, you already did that yesterday!

Interesting facts on investments:

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, youwould have £49.00 today

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have £33.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, youwould have £0.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Northern Rock three years ago, you would have £0.00 today.

BUT. . . .

If you had purchased £1,000 worth of beer one year ago at Tescos, drank all the beer,then taken the aluminium cans to the scrap metal dealer, you would have received £214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.

And then..........................

A recent study found that the average Briton walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found that Britons drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

That means that, on average, Britons get over 40 miles to the gallon!

Makes you proud to be British!

Ninehigh - 9/3/12 at 06:58 PM

Nice

I have been looking into buying some shares recently.. The basic idea that if you get a cut of the profits per year then maybe the safest thing is to buy a few shares in a company like Coca Cola (they'd really have to try and go under) and just keep them... Might not be a sound investment for me but could be given to my son along with 30 years of profits in an isa or something

RK - 18/3/12 at 03:46 AM

I have been constantly amazed that my investment "expert" has never suggested things like Coca Cola, or other totally recession proof companies. Bunch of self serving thieves.

MikeR - 18/3/12 at 08:55 AM

in a recession buy chocolate (comfort food) shares.

Apollo1600 - 2/4/12 at 05:00 PM

Love the beer one