Board logo

new use for auto tint welding helmets
HowardB - 12/12/11 at 08:24 PM

there are some things that make sense, and others that are just a little odd,...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16137543

off with the hoodie, and on with the auto-tint!

whitestu - 12/12/11 at 08:30 PM

You can imagine the compensation claims flooding in after the police use this!

Stu

PSpirine - 12/12/11 at 09:02 PM

That's pretty cool

coyoteboy - 12/12/11 at 10:14 PM

Jesus. No-one fecks with my vision, that's a big no-no. There's comparatively little knowledge about eye damage from short term extreme exposures (like welding flash) and there's contradictory advice on it (several welding sources I read claimed zero long term damage from it, but it doesn't seem likely). And would you trust the police to fire it only at the correct distances? No chance.

Ninehigh - 13/12/11 at 07:13 AM

Far better than the current powers... "Stop doing that or I'll tell you to stop it again!"

Alfa145 - 13/12/11 at 09:55 AM

If this country is so soft it wont use baton rounds or water cannons during riots then there is no chance they would ever use this during a riot.

coyoteboy - 13/12/11 at 11:01 AM

quote:

Far better than the current powers... "Stop doing that or I'll tell you to stop it again!"

Aye (although if you think that's all the powers they have I think you may be as mistaken as they are), for those doing something wrong maybe. But what about those that get caught up in the crossfire. Or for those power-obsessed police who can't get enough of their new toy (and we all know they exist) I fear for everyone elses safety, not so much those rioting. I didn't used to doubt the police and considered them something of an authority requiring respect, unfortunately that's been questioned a couple of times lately by personal and close 3rd party experience, now I'm not sure I could trust them not to deploy it, probably incorrectly, on a whim at the expense of my vision.

[Edited on 13/12/11 by coyoteboy]