Board logo

Joke alert...
coozer - 11/10/11 at 10:53 AM

Parcelforce 48....

Benzine - 11/10/11 at 11:14 AM

I used city link last week. Stayed in all day during collection date and they put up a fictional event on their website saying that nobody was home. Then trying to talk to someone on the phone is impossible. RAGE. City link? More like Sh*tty Stink

coozer - 11/10/11 at 11:36 AM

Been waiting 6 days now.....

James - 11/10/11 at 11:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
I used city link last week. Stayed in all day during collection date and they put up a fictional event on their website saying that nobody was home. Then trying to talk to someone on the phone is impossible. RAGE. City link? More like Sh*tty Stink

From my study window I can see about 30 peoples house and *a lot* of deliveries happen. the amount of times I've seen a driver walk straight to the door, pop the card through saying "you were out" and drive off without even knocking is amazing!

And governments want to break up the RM and hand out normal post to these poeple????? God forbid!!!

Cheers,
James

Ninehigh - 11/10/11 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

From my study window I can see about 30 peoples house and *a lot* of deliveries happen. the amount of times I've seen a driver walk straight to the door, pop the card through saying "you were out" and drive off without even knocking is amazing!

And governments want to break up the RM and hand out normal post to these poeple????? God forbid!!!

Cheers,
James

I'd be telling them that, and if it carries on I'd be the kind of a-hole that comes running out demanding that they knock.

MikeRJ - 11/10/11 at 03:12 PM

quote:

That's happened to me on a number of occasions, City Link are pretty awful IME. I've had to do an 80 mile round trip to pick up a parcel from another courier a few times as well. So much for local depots.

sprouts-car - 11/10/11 at 03:50 PM

Another Vote that City Link is ****.

The other thing which really get to me is that you have to phone them before 8pm otherwise they will just try the next day.

I'm not home by 8pm so i cant even tell them not to come!

sprouts-car - 11/10/11 at 03:51 PM

Sorry Repost!

[Edited on 11/10/11 by sprouts-car]

Confused but excited. - 11/10/11 at 04:56 PM

I think Parcel2Go take some beating in the poo service stakes.
I finally got a parcel today that should have been delivered last Thursday.
You can't contact them by phone and when you communicate with them via t'internet they break the connection while you are still typing.
They say they will e-mail you, then don't and as for Hermes ( in this case, this was the carrier P2G used) are even worse.
No phone number listed and when you e-mail them, they won't discuss it. just tell you to contact P2G.
I am now even more convinced, after reading the above comments, that the carrier that I used for the laptops was a good decision and will only use them from now on.
If you want to know who, and I can't recommend them enough: http://www.directcouriersolutions.co.uk
You can even speak to a human being.